Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomdapom

how do you post pics

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posting pics is easy... simply use the File Attachments. Image files automatically get placed into your message as inline thumbnails.

quote>

Sorry - I've got the same problem. It shows a file attached but it doesn't insert the picture into the post...

I don't know if this will always work given the updates happening around here, but I had the same problem this evening, but I managed to fix it. I host my images off site at image shack to save bandwidth here, so this might only work for off site hosting. Anyway, when you upload your image on imageshack (easy to do) a screen will pop up with a whole bunch of sections that looks like this: 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Scroll down to the "hotlink for websites" window (I underlined it in red) and copy the html to the left. Now in your post insert a hyperlink (it's the globe button to the left of the binoculars icon at the top) and paste the html in. You should now see your image. There will be a little bit of gobbly text on the end of the image but you can delete that easily enough. Proceed with your posting or you can go upload another image. I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but it worked for me this evening.

• Original Poster
  • Im glad at least one other person shares the same problem as me 4.gif Im a real
    $%&^! with computers but on the help bit it says that there is a little pic of a mountain in a yellow box to upload pics. I dont have it does anyone share this problem?????

Click HERE

for a pic of the little square with the mountain in it I posted in another thread

When you click the mountain box indicated it will ask for a URL. Copy and paste the LAST link in imageshack (this is of course after you upload your image their). By the LAST link I am referring to the one that says "Direct link to image".

Just make when it asks for a URL it is identical to the one next to "Direct link to image"

-trigger

Actually you know since the upgrade the mountain has disappeared from my viewer too. I have been able to work around by using hyperlink as I explained above. I assumed the mountain was gone for everyone. However when I followed the link that Trigger provided I saw that his browser looks different than mine. Here's what mine looks like when I hit reply.

It looks like there is a difference in browser. Mine is internet explorer and the mountain has vanished to be replaced with endless expanse of Prairie. Trigger's is Mozilla and he has a mountain. I don't know if that means anything. It shouldn't really matter. Just host off site. It's easy and it saves Simtropolis money.