Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aurabolt12

High-tech industry in an Industry-only city?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Is it possible to have high-tech industry develop if there are only industrial zones in a city? the sims in the neighboring city are decently smart, but they still build dirty industry. How smart should they be before i should expect high-tech?

You should force out I-D in the first place by jacking up the tax rate to something like 20%. If you don't want I-M, do the same. IH-T is extremely easy to build once you have a fair-sized, well-educated city as a neighbor. I don't know the exact EQ value for I-HT to appear but I start getting it at EQs as low as 80 or so.

in a word...YES

it is possible to have I-HT in an industry only city...all you need to do is meet the criteria normally needed for I-HT > well educated sims(in a neighboring city is fine), low crime, low water/air pollution, and a couple parks wouldnt hurt either.

@ten1902: Wow! Quadruple post! I made some double post, too, saw some triple but a quadruple ...!

To the problem:

All you need to get a I-HT town without residentials is a high demand for I-HT and good neighbour connections to a town with a lot of (unemployed?) well educated sims.

I had the problem just vice versa - wanted to have dirty industry and got all I-HT with all taxes at 9%. Solved the problem2 by replacing the oil power plant in the middle of the industrial area to a coal pwoer plant 11.gif and increased I-HT taxes to 10,5 % ...9.gif

Bernhard 44.gif

I-ht is similar to commercial in that they like parks, nice surrounds and low pollution. They also like neighbour connections. And as previously mentioned, you will need to have a large number of well educated sims. This can take quite some time to achieve.

But you won't be able to completely get rid of dirty and manufacturing industry from your region. The game doesn't work that way, you still need to keep a balanced mixture of all wealth levels.

I usually put my high tech industry in with the commercial areas. That keeps it out of the way of the pollution of the other kinds of industry.

Your gonna need 3 things mainly....

Good water and power supply.

Fair amount of parks and anything else that can raise land value.

Also near by res and com don't hurt.

Heres a picture of where and what Hi tech can look like when placed in an area with trees and parks and also res and com.

bostalkinternationalairportoct1.jpg

Also you want to have acess by rail and by roads and avenues.A monorail or el rail is good too.

bostalkinternationalairportoct.jpg

The red area was for my old CJ....

Anyway you say you want an all high tech industry type city.It is very possible,but I haven't many pictures of them.I suggest doing what the others have suggested and get rid of all dirty industry.Also follow the 3 steps above because they work in all industry cities.You must have alot of manufactoring to balence the Hi tech industry.Cause without the Manufactoring it will only be a hi tech city.And those cities are hard to get demand for.You need smart sims around Eq of 150 ro 170.....

Good luck...44.gif

• Original Poster
  • ok thanks to all your help, now i have HT popping up all over, but they are only half full or less (jobs) like 23/76 or so. I think this is because there still is a little pollution in the area but only yellow.. is it because of low desirability?

Sorry, tchaos713, but that is incorrect. The jobs/max jobs is directly tied to desirability. The pollution is definatelly contributing to that, and it couldn't hurt to place some parks as well. I-HT has preferences similar to R$$$, so use that as a guideline for what to give them.