Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredrik_tornelius@hotmail.com

Rail connections

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

To get the freight to pass through you neighbor connections a few things must be in place.

1) You must have a significant amount of industry in this city. (a 2x2 block isnt going to cut it)

2) The railroad/freight station must be closer to the industry than any other neighbor connection. Otherwise the frieght will leave the city thru the closer connection. Remember seaports count too.

3) You dont have to do anything on the other end (in the second city), the game doesnt care if you build a massive web or a single line it will treat the connection the same in city one.

Hope this helped!44.gif

Welcome to Simtropolis. PM me or others if you need any help.

In SimCity once freight trains reach the end of a city tile they disappear for good so it does not matter weather that paticular connection is to SimNation or a functioning city.

Just remember to connect a freight station to the edge of the map and make sure it is postioned so industrey use it using a truck blocker from the STEX if you need to.

Finally, you should not place any transit-enabled rail stations that go over the rail line, or the freight trains may not be able to pass through. This issue I just discovered while playing my cities may not apply to all plop-over rail stations in the STEX.

Welcome to the community.

frieght train don't comute from city to city28.gif...only passanger trains do, because the carrier sims...freight trains just have to make it to the edge of the map to complete the the frieght trip...the trains don't go anywhere after that...29.gif

i skip frieght station and just run a rail lines right through the ind section..if the industry touches the rail lines, it will automaticly use the rail line for freight trips, if it's the quickest way out of town...which rail ussually is...no need for the freight station...unless your just looking for eye candy