Sign in to follow this  
BlondeTwiggy

Arae Flaviae

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm completely rebuilding my plugins folder from scratch, so suggestions for mods/BATs are COMPLETELY welcome.  I missed City Journaling so much that I couldn't contain myself from starting one already. :D

I wanted to get "back to the basics" with this journal.  Nothing extravagant, no sky-scraping towers - just beautiful, detailed, and peaceful scenes from people's everyday lives.  I hope you enjoy it!

Side note: I resized to 1024x?? as per forum rules but since I play in 1920x1080, it made my photos disappointingly small.  Not sure how to go about fixing this.

Edit: Looks like everyone's pics are about this size so nevermind

-----

KNUTE

vetclinic_zpsca77ab9e.jpg

I didn't have much to work with in this city tile, and neither did the settlers who moved there.  They named the land "Knute," not to be confused with the neighboring town called "Knut."  The settlers were not known for their creativity.  Fortunately, the success of Knute depends not on its name, but on hard work (and probably some luck).

windmill_zpsf4760ee2.jpg

A windmill was immediately built upon arrival at Knute

True to their Puritan work ethic, the settlers planted farms and raised shanty houses.  They were poor, but happy.

overview_zps41fa2718.jpg

I discovered a gorgeous stone church during my travels in Knute.  Where people got the money to build this, I don't know, but I guess the Church has some sort of pull in that regard.

church_zpsce936050.jpg

The cornerstone of this small community

Will I ever get a decent sidewalk mod?  Will the people of Knute ever progress past sprawling farmlands and country houses?  Find out next time...

Whoa, great to see you around again!! Keep them coming!

And BTW, there's no need for resizing pictures now the forum software does it automatically. Way more confortable than in the ol' times...

I see the SC4 bug got you back to CJ'ing also!! Good luck on the starting from scratch on the plugins this is something I could not do. I went and found my old harddrive in order to rescue all my mods I couldn't imagine starting over regardless of how messed up my folder is! This is a great start and I love the farmland, looking forward to some more beautiful pictures!

• Original Poster
  • REPLIES in Reverse

crazychickensc12:  Well, my old plugins folder was a hot mess, unorganized and convoluted.  Plus I was tired of most of the content.  I couldn't delete specific content though because I couldn't find it in the unorganized folder. :lol: So I try to look at it as a chance to do better. I can't wait to see more of your CJ.

TekindusT: Ha, the ol' times when we raised the moderator hammer on anyone who dare post larger than 800x600? :P  Seriously though, thanks, I just thought they looked super small.  I like to show details!

TowerDude:  Thanks, glad you commented ;)

Schulmanator:  And imagine my surprise to see Schulmania still on the first page :P  Glad to see some things never change ;)

KonstantinII: I'll have to check out that CJ because I do not know of it.  Sounds pretty good!

ThirtyThree:  Thanks glad you stopped by to comment. :ooh:

Benedict: Thanks for the warm welcome back and it's good to see you are still around also.  I'm surprised and happy to see how many familiar usernames are around.  :thumb:  This place is magnetic!

---

Now that life has slowed down a bit I have more time to play the game.  Life has been crazy the past few years!

Here is an overview of Knute!

Overview_zps0513c6e1.jpg

I noticed that there were a crap-ton of farm jobs but only like 300 people living in Knute.  Clearly, we require more housing.  Time for a neighborhood!

Neighborhood_zpsb392f764.jpg

These residents couldn't be prouder of their fancy red streets