Sign in to follow this  
jonb1

potential el-rail over road bug

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi Folks,

Loving the NAM, but am having some problems. The attached photo should give you some idea. 

post-644472-0-27830100-1377127058_thumb.

Initially I had just two parallel el-rail over roads going from the R through the C to the I, with only 'overhanging el-rail over road' at the R and I. This went fine.

Due to the level of congestion, I decided to add another parallel el-rail over road the same as those. And add 'overhanging el-rail over road' stations in series at the C's.  I also linked the three parallel el-rails.  After doing this the Sims no longer travel down the whole route! They use the buses at the rail stations at the C zone, at the I zones and the R zones they just loop around within those zones as you can see from the photo. 

I have tried demolishing the links between the three parallel el-rails. This stops the sims just looping, but doesnt encourage them to travel from R to C or whatever, now they just use the bus, but not the el-rail.  I have tried replacing the stations in the C zone, wondering If i had laid them wrong. Didn't work. I have tried removing the stations in the C zone completely, and just putting el-rail over road pieces there, but this doesnt work either. I checked the network out using DrawPaths, to see if there were some breaks, but they were all connected according to that. 

I made a test city (one block of industry and two separate blocks of residential only connected by the el-rail) to see if I could reproduce the problem, but I couldn't. In my test city, they just started using all the added bits. 

Im not sure what is broken in the first city, and I have spent a long time trying to work it out. Its pretty frustrating! Im hoping there is something I am missing that you can suggest I can try to fix my city!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Sorry should have said, im using simcity 4 deluxe with rush hour and NAM 31.2. 

• Original Poster
  • Hi Ganaram, Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'm sure I am using the correct stations and activating them properly. I have placed loads of them successfully, and tried to replace the ones that appear not to be working, but that didnt work!