Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Zhan

Traffic Problems on Outgoing Highway

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Man. Traffic. :(

So this is what traffic looks like going out of my city. It doesn't move at all, and eventually because of that nothing in the city can move, because nothing can leave the map. :( Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? My city has a low amount of unemployment in all 3 social strata and I don't require additional workers (previously I did have a serious shortage of workers though). Despite this, 80,000 people still apparently commute in looking for work daily.

I'm playing in a private game with one other player, who definitely doesn't have enough unemployed/commuters to account for 80,000 migrant commuters looking for jobs. :/

Does anybody know how to fix this? Halp. D:

Try changing your entry to the town. I had a very similar problem with my 70k city. The red circle is where the jam have been more less edning :). Of course, none of my costly oil business could export so I've been literally broke. However I had 3 obligation slots empty so I could take a loan. I tried with public transportation and it was a fail. You see 1 bus and 1 train station on the screen. Later I added 3 more trains, 2 ferries, a bunch of city bus and park'n'drives, trams... in vain. The traffic seemed not to change, not even a little bit. That is why I rebuilt the road entry so no other streets were connected to the crossroad with the other broad alley. And initialy it had some traffic yet, but with few park'n'drives traffics are no longer an issue.

Anyway this city was very unlucky from the very beginning - 3 meteors strike at the oil pumps, lizard rampaging through services and earthquake destroying depot full of oil. I think I depleted my bad luck for the next dozen of cities.

One more thing, I made a huge mistake in planning this city. You really really want to put your trading post not close to the resource but just next to the city entrance. I did so in the other city and it works flawlessly :)

before2_zpsa1f6fa7c.png

ex1_zps564320ef.png

ex2_zps4bf1e3b3.png

• Original Poster
  • Wow hey guys thanks for replying! Actually my problem isn't to do with traffic flow in my city, that's actually fine!

However I do have a problem that traffic *leaving* the city never disappears onto the highway! It just piles up. Like a bunch of cars leave my city, go along the highway, then never disappear and the traffic piles up! :(( Would appreciate any help anybody could offer.