Sign in to follow this  
BlackFrancis

Ground textures are there, but building isn't.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

It's happened twice to two different buildings.  The first one I just demolished because I was frustrated trying to do something else at the time, and I don't remember which building it was.  This time it's Jetersen & Focsmann Tower by dusktrooper, which I downloaded from the CAM starter packs.  What's happening is the textures are showing up on the ground, but the building isn't there.  People are working in it.  It can be queried. 

I tried to fix it by downloading it again from Simtropolis, but that didn't fix anything.  Then I read somewhere that I don't need the growable and ploppable files...just the model file.  So I removed those but no difference.  No dependencies were listed, and actually when I had the ploppable installed it plopped just fine, building and all. 

So I don't really know what's going on.  I seem to remember having this problem when I played before several years ago, but I don't know what the solution was.  I've tried every search term combination I can think of but can't find anything helpful. 

I'll include a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/QhEw6e7.png

Any help would be great...I have no idea what to do about it, but it's probably going to happen over and over again.

Thanks!

When you pulled that building into your plugins did you include the .sc4model and .sc4desc files as well as the .sc4lot?  All are necessary if they are present.

• Original Poster
  • This was all that was in the zip.  I'd see if there's more to the file if it's on the LEX but apparently their site is shutdown due to bandwidth issues.

2guh4SX.png

Maybe it's just a bug and if I bulldoze it, it will grow somewhere else correctly.

From that zip expansion you need to add the two .dat files and the .sc4model file for both the ploppable and the growable lot.  However, the reason for the two .dat files is to choose not to load one of them if you don't want that function.

Since this has all the hallmarks for a BSC group file, did you get all the necessary props and textures?

• Original Poster
  • Yes.  Funny thing about it, the building grew on its own after I removed those files.  And it did so perfectly, with all the props and everything.  It must have been in my plugin folder twice or something though I cannot find it.  I'm not really sure what happened with it but it seems to be okay now.

You won't find a growable lot in your menus.  Take a look through your plugins and see if you can find the growable file and the model.