Sign in to follow this  
deadhead2621

Why is my city not growing?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi, my city is at 750 000 residents(region= 980 000), but it just wont grow anymore. Every now and then I have some redidential growth, and industrial demand is always high but my businesses just do not grow. I have minimal high wealth commercial demand and most of my bussiness are small 5 story buildings. The land is desirable, the taxes are low, so whats wrong? Is it bacause I have placed to many ploppable landmarks(Bats with jobs) which is lowering demand?

You can try the following to stimulate growth:

1) Develop the region more. As you develop more cities around the region the demand for comercial will increase in your cental business district.

2) Increase the number and type of connections to neighboring cities. This will raise the growth caps and may stimulate growth. Of course this goes with point 1.

3) Put more plazas in your business district. This will increase desirability and raise commercial caps.

4) Build an airport at the edge of your city, this will also increase commercial demand.

5) Create a massive public transportation system including of at least train, bus and subway.

6) Make sure the wealth of your sims balances the wealth of your commercial. (Ex of unbalance..when you have all R$$$ and no CO$$$ or CS$$$.

Try these points and good luck.

Play in balance and have patience, sometimes it takes time for them to grow depending on how big your city grows, it also happen to my city as it grows bigger (except you're a CAM user, cause it boost your commercial demand if i'm not mistake)....make a lot of connections to your neighborhood and provide your city with adequate mass transit, trains, subway or bus, and airport of course...

and also, too many plopables with jobs are not always good....in the end, you just flooding your city with jobs but not enough residents to take the job vacancies, this will of course lower your commercial demand....try to buldoze some of the plopable lots you already have and see if that increase the commercial demand...or, just simply zone more residential to balance the commercial demand...other than that, you should also try A Nonny Moose & Prophet42 suggestions.... :D