Sign in to follow this  
Mr Saturn64

How to download a world to Minecraft

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

OK, so I found an awesome downloadable cruise ship model, but I don't know how to download, and I don't want to risk losing data/files. Any help/suggesstions?

the only way I can think of right now - and probably one of the easiest - is to use mcedit.

it's a 3d terrain editor which has an option to select and export/import minecraft objects.

I love this handy tool I must say. you can't do much wrong with it either, if you wanna be 100% safe, make a backup of your world before fiddling around.

afaik there's also a bunch of forums with some sort of an exchange for so-called "schematics", which is what I was just talking about.

I wouldn't hesitate to ask in a minecraft forum tho, guys there probably know more ways

you're a bit unclear...

is it an object or is it an entire world with the ship in it?

maybe you should provide the link

Edited by GMT  

no big fuzz

it's available both as an mcedit schematic and a minecraft world.

so you either download the world file and place it in the "saves" folder in your minecraft directory (enter %appdata%\.minecraft in the run window or go to the folder via username\appdata\roaming\.minecraft, but keep in mind that appdata is hidden so you must change the visibility options first). just place the entire folder you downloaded into the "saves" folder and you get yourself a new world with the ship at the spawn.

the other way, with mcedit is to download the schematic file and place it in the "mcedit-schematics" folder in the mcedit directory (for ease of use, I placed mce in the minecraft directory)

now in mcedit, after opening a world, you select the 4th icon from the right (left of the head icon, looks like a crane with something attached, tooltip says import) and then an explorer window opens where you can select the schematic you want to import. all you gotta do now is to place it where you want, affirm it with enter and then save the world.

note tho that mcedit can only display chunks you've previously visited in game (in short: it only displays what you've explored in game)

EDIT: off topic, you might want to rework half of the ship...

especially the doors...

Edited by GMT  

• Original Poster
  • WAit.... IM AN IDIOT!!!! I COULD HAVE DOWNLOADED THE WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Well, anyway, thanks for the help. I needed it.

Problem solved.

Thanks!

we've been talking about how to insert a world file into minecraft for quite a while now, so... yes you are :P

nevermind, at least you seem to have your ship...

and keep it away from fire, it's all wool :ducky:

• Original Poster
  • we've been talking about how to insert a world file into minecraft for quite a while now, so... yes you are :P

nevermind, at least you seem to have your ship...

and keep it away from fire, it's all wool :ducky:

WAAAAAAA!!!!!! MOMMY, THIS MEAN PERSON CALLED MY NAMES!!!! Yeah, whatever