Sign in to follow this  
bigdog1218

How to satisfy high R$ and CS$?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I figured this would be an easy part of this game, building cheap houses and commercial but no matter where I zone commercial it always builds CS$$, CS$$$ or CO$$.  The population is 125k and there's virtually no CS$, but no zoned commercial ever builds CS$.  I've put commercial next to landfills and it's built CS$$$ boutiques with no $$$ demand. 

Zoning R$ is a little better, but not much, and residential zoned next to industry will have half $ and half $$, and it eventually turns to $$ and $$$.  Should I be leaving a part of my city with no educations/health services to make R$?  Any ideas?

Those are really "overflow" functions and if your city is functioning well, the demand will always be high.... further if "newcomers" have any alternative, it will always choose the highest level that can be met given the city conditin.. it's how the game is designed.

One method of wealth control for residentials is to deprive an area of a city the necessary items for richer people to live there. A good way to do this is to remove health, education and parks from that part of the neighbourhood. If you want a poor suburb then removing water also works, but water will be necessary for higher densities. No water might help with low density C

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for the quick replies.  I think that's what I'll do.  Make an area with no health or education.  It's just odd because even if CS$$$ and R$$$ are negative it keeps building them, then they just abandon in other parts of the city. 

Why do you want CS$ in your city? I always set CS$ taxes to 20% at the start.

It creates a low amount of taxes per tile and per job opening and just creates demand for more R$ which demand more CS$ which demands more R$ and so on and so on.

It's not fair to the R$ not to educate them or provide them with health care.

Try using pollution, crime(no police coverage) and lack of parks in a certain part of the city to discourage the R$$ from moving in.

Try zoning residential right next to commercial. The R$$ don't like living next to commercial zones.