Sign in to follow this  
DICK60

new answer from FHI

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Put your questions to Focus (answer)

Postby Vince » 11 Jan 2011 16:08

Hello everybody,

First of all, thanks a lot to the moderators for passing the questions you were wondering on to us. We received your concerns and wanted to take some time to give you the clearest and most complete answers possible.

We understand your questions on the game, principally about a patch for Cities XL 2011, the modding and the future of Cities XL. We did not let aside the other questions, but it seemed preferable for us to begin by talking about those important subjects.

A patch for Cities XL 2011

We are working on a patch for cities XL 2011. It will bring some fixes to the game, we can’t give you the exact list of fixes for the moment. It hasn’t been finalized yet. This patch will be available on the official website and automatically downloaded and installed for steam users. We will certainly need to test the patch before its release, so be sure we will keep you informed about the content of the patch or any info about it as soon as we know it.

This patch won’t contain any adding content. We can’t officially announce anything about additionnal content for the moment but we plan to do it in the coming months.

Modding in Cities XL 2011

We want to support modding, by giving you as much information as possible and the best tools we can. By nature, modding is a community-based activity. We hope that the thousands players of Cities XL 2011 will build on the existing modding communities and the motivated newcomers to create all the mods you would wish to have. Our goal, in order to support you, is to allow you to organize yourself and try to answer to your specific needs, within the limits of our possibilities of course. Above all we do not want to hold you back in your creations. However it is difficult for us to share your creations on the official website, it would be too difficult for us to control the contents of all of them. But you can count on us to point up original creations and to ease your work on certain points if we can.

The future of the Cities XL series

City series by Monte Cristo is a series we have been involved in for many years. They are games we believe in and want to bring to the greater number. The sales of Cities XL 2011 in store and its success on the internet allow us to think with equanimity of future developments for Cities XL and of additional content. We will surely make announcements in the coming months.

We hope this answers to your principle questions. Cities XL is a very important series for us, and we will always do the most we can to make it live the best possible. We can only invite you to stay tuned on the official websites and forums, chasing the future announces.

Best,

The Focus Team

O...M...G!!

So there's hope!! I really love this game and I knew Focus wouldn't forget CXL 9.gif

But I felt some 'insecure' thing about modding... maybe it's a bit limited.

Well, let's hope for the BEST! This games deserve it 2.gif

Well, I don't understand the specifics of modding, but I suspect they can't release specific tools, because they don't have them yet. I remember I read somewhere that the creators used some specifically-made tools, combining several things and stuff, and now maybe Focus are trying to sort out how to break down the code so that they don't release the entire game engine to the public.

I'm probably not making any sense, please don't laugh at me 9.gif9.gif9.gif