Sign in to follow this  
pilliar117

Demand Problem

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recently I started a new region. The first city tile I developed was a regional aiport. I noticed while building the airport that the Residential demand in the tile was always negative. I loaded a adjacent tile and started a new city and the same thing happened - negative residential demand. Then, I loaded up a tile that was NOT adjacent to the airport tile and Res. demand was back to normal. I do not have any zones in the airport tile. Also, if i delete the airport tile, I can build on the adjacent tiles with all demand normal, but when I import the airport tile back, Res. demand drops. Can someone help me find out what is causing this.

I use:

CAM 1.0

All CAM 1.0 starter packs with required models and dependencies

All the plugins listed for custom aiports listed here: http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/index.cfm/Main.SimCity_4.Custom_Airports_Building_FAQ

Here are some pictures to help you see what I mean:

Thanks and sorry for this being such a long post.

post-425323-12985112700768_thumb.jpg

post-425323-1298511270389_thumb.jpg

post-425323-12985112705633_thumb.jpg

I'm not completely sure, but Ithink that airports dramaitcally decrease the desibility of an area. Maybe the residential demand is so low because there is nothing there except for that low desirability airport. Also, I guess that that desirabilty can affect sorounding cities.

I built an airport also, but the city was already large, so I guess that it didn't affect residential.

• Original Poster
  • thanks for the reply. yeah i think it had something to do with building and then demolishing one of the pieces, might be a glitch. anyway i built a new airport in a new region and everythings fine. thanks again!