Sign in to follow this  
Pasta-power

Advisor panel bug

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi everybody! For some reason every time I play sim city 4 on my computer my city planner, public safety and health and education advisors will give me advice. But my financial, utilitiy, traffic and environment advisors won't! This may sound stupid considering that the advisors are annoying. But i always did like the way the utility advisor shook his fist at you. And the game doesn't feel like itself anymore. Could anyone help me with this please?

• Original Poster
  • Yeah they don't appear in the ticker either. I would like to reinstall but i dont want to lose all my custom content including all my downloaded regions! what should i do to prevent losing all my custom content before uninstalling and reinstalling 42.gif

• Original Poster
  • Okay I uninstalled and reinstalled and Im lucky cuz all my custom content is still there. phew! Im checking to see if all my advisors give me advice...

In a resintall, only the Program Files folders are overwritten.  If there is data in the Documents folders they remain untouched.

I do recommend regular archiving of personal stuff however.  One of the cheapest archivers you can get is either winzip or winrar.  If you create a file with either of these, you will almost always be able to unpack it on any system.  I suggest you keep archive files on an offline disk (CD-RW, DVD-RW or an external hard drive).

J-man-42, did you try the game without any plugins? I ask because I think the "Stupid News Ticker" mod did something like you're experiencing. Did you ever use that? Just a thought...

• Original Poster
  • capt city: I use the stupid news ticker mod yes but Ive moved it out of the plugins folder already. A nonny moose: I will see if moving my archive files to cd-rw or dvd-rw works. Brb!

Im back! A nonny moose: when you said CD-RW did you mean local disk C 42.gif

Never mind i found DVD-RW.

Combined multiple posts. You can use the 'Edit' button to add to own posts.
    -CaptCity

EDIT: This thread is VERY OLD and should probably be locked by now, I fixed the issue anyway.

Edited by Pasta-power