Sign in to follow this  
Keralis

Problems logging in?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi,

Does anyone else have problems logging in on Cities XL PO today? Been trying for 1 hour but it doesnt seem to work at all. Can see the planet but no chat or cities come up.

/Thanks

The message on their site reads:

Tomorrow, Wednesday October the 20th, our weekly maintenance will be performed on the game and web servers from 9:30am to 12am Paris time (3:30pm to 6am New York time). During this maintenance, game servers, authentication servers and some parts of the website will be unavailable.

I'm at the same time as paris time (gmt+1) and it's already 7pm so service should be done already, that's besides the fact that there is no Wednesday the 20th ;-)

I had assumed the servers would be down from 3:30 pm boston time until 6 am boston time, in other words, from 3:30 wens to 6 am thursday. I did notice their server was a bit bogged down this morning though.

Originally posted by: Cthuulhu

I had assumed the servers would be down from 3:30 pm boston time until 6 am boston time, in other words, from 3:30 wens to 6 am thursday. I did notice their server was a bit bogged down this morning though.quote>

This happens all the time at my uni.  I work for the IT department there and almost every time they do an update to the server (we do not have a test server because they're morons) it slows down or crashes afterwards.  It's likely that MC's IT messed up the updates they pushed and are having problems with it.  MC probably doesn't have test servers because they're a very small company and can't afford one.  No excuse for my STATE university though 3.gif

Originally posted by: Cthuulhu

I had assumed the servers would be down from 3:30 pm boston time until 6 am boston time, in other words, from 3:30 wens to 6 am thursday. I did notice their server was a bit bogged down this morning though.quote>

Yea whoever posted it on the community page wasn't very awake, it's supposed to be the 21th and the time is 3:30am to 6am. But in europe we use 24h time so it might be he just wasn't sure it was am or pm and just used both :-P