Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grallon

Prps/BATs/Lots

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I've recently aquired SC4 and I must say I amastounded at the volume and qualities of all the mods I find here.   However when I try to install one of those I almost always fail due to to the lack of one dependency or another.   Is there an index of all mods and which are up to date ?   Or do we have to keep track of this ourselves ?

G.

A dependancy of a plugin is because the plugin uses another plugin in it. This plugin might be created by someone else. The reason why people do not include the dependancies in their plugins is due to copyright issues. Does this answer your question?

PS. By the way, welcome to Simtropolis.

the only index  would be contained in the README file, which means yea...you got do it yourself....there should be one with every down load...it should list all the dependancies required for the lot to work correctly..(once you have a dependancy set in your plugins, it will work for all lots that require that particuliar dependancy...4.gif you only need a particular dependancy once in your plugin (BSC has released mega packs that have bundled a lot of the individual packs into simple downloads to get you up to speed quickly)

Strat your game off correctly by using Greyveil's up and running thread to make sure you have all the required essentials to use the STEX properly:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=110&threadid=58510&enterthread=y

it lists onther Transit option you can use....but my personel recomendation...get the NAM...4.gif

if theres no Rreadme file with the download...I suggest staying away from these files til your a little more farmiliar with the game

If you good with using computer program...I suggest the SC4Tool program:

http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=390

this program will allow you to scan custom content...get the true values for any lot/BAT , and list the dependancies, even tell you if you have them in your game already...4.gif also has editing capabilities too...4.gif...It may require you to do a little research on how to use it...but it's invaluable program if your wanting to use the STEX...4.gif