Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StylinLancer

Joerg Airport

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hello all. I recently installed joerg's airport pack. Designed my airport only to realize my tarmac blinks. Anybody else have this same problem? I'm thinking I don't have the correct plugins maybe. Any help on this would be appreciated.

If you are refering to the blue lights by "blinks", Joerg designed them that way. There are two sets of tarmac in Joerg's pack, one set with blue lights on the edges and another set with no lights. The ones with the blue lights are to designate corridors and the edges of the tarmac. The set of tarmac with no lights comes in Small (1x1), Medium (2x2), and Large (4x4) sizes. The lighted sections come in 1x1 and 1x6 sizes. I hope I have addressed your issue.

-Swamper77

• Original Poster
  • Hmmm yes you addressed the question. Now I just have to find where the none blinking blue light tarmac is it. The only tarmac I found was with the airport menu and some run ways within the landmarks menu. All I know is it took hours upon hours using the 1x1 tarmac to create my airport and wondered why he didn't create bigger sections.

If it all, could someone let me know where to look for these addition tarmacs at? I'll try downloading it again tonight to see if it fixes the problem.

• Original Poster
  • Yes, I believe I am missing the Landmarks Prop Pack he mentions in his read me file. The file is bad. Can someone give me the links for the dependency files?

Here you go: http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=81. This is the link to missing landmarks props plugin. It is necessary to see some of the terminal buildings, as they use the Convention Center model which Maxis never made into a prop.

The other tarmacs should be in the Airport Menu, probably near the bottom.

-Swamper77

• Original Poster
  • Thank you for the link. I'll check out the tarmacs tonight. I could've swore I went up and down the airport menu multiple times and only saw the tarmac at the very top.

If I don't see them, I guess I'll need to seek further advice.

• Original Poster
  • I still dont see the other tarmacs. Is it possible they reside somewhere else? I have installed everything correctly and still nothing.

Anyone who can lend some assistance, it would be appreciated.

See the attached image. Those are currently the only files I have in my plugins folder. Tell me if I am missing anything and where to download.

Lancer,

I would recommend downloading the SimWings Airport Pack: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=14024. In this download, there is a folder labeled "Thalassicus". This folder contains updated versions of Joerg's Airport Pack lots/buildings. It also includes the various sized tarmacs that I discussed earlier.

The download is ~5 MB in size, but it has what you are looking for. The various terminal lots also function as airports instead of the Air Control Tower functioning as the airport. Sorry if I misled you earlier.15.gif

-Swamper77

• Original Poster
  • Thats ok. I didn't think I was going crazy last night. I looked up and down how many times and only saw the 1 tarmac, which is the blinking blue lights.

I'll try this download tonight then. Do I need the other folders within the zip or just the "Thalassicus" folder?

• Original Poster
  • This is normal. Some buildings take time to build while others, well you plop them and there they are. Give it some time and it'll show up.2.gif

Originally posted by: boom_box

Need help also.. Why is that the control tower of Joerg Airport package is in construction after i plop it..?quote>

ok.. i got your point...

btw.. the airport tram is so boring, generic looking same with the Container Packaging...... it would be nice to see those lot as Transit enable...