This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Landmarks with Jobs VS Opera House Fix

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I want the Landmarks with jobs, but I heard you NEED the Opera House fix in order to have a large city with high education. 

But you cannot run these two mods together.

So why one over the other?

No, you don't need the opera house fix. What it does, I think, is prevent this from occurring:

Educational Facilities have a quality rating that influences their effectiveness. On most schools it is shown as 'apples'. Really the only reason why you would see less than 5 apples ('A' rating) is if it is underfunded.

Now here's the kicker; the opera house is an educational facility. But, as a reward (or whatever other arbitrary reason) it does not have adjustable funding. -- much the same as private schools. I don't know if you can tell what quality education it is providing (Don't remember offhand) but since you can only have one of them, imagine what happens to museums when you have only 1 in a city of 500,000!

So only 1 opera house + inadjustable funding = bad educational rating over time = opera house becomes worthless in cities that are too large.

The opera house fix I BELIEVE simply expands the capacity of the opera house so that it should never get a 'underfunded' status from being overfilled, and thus always providing its benefit no matter how large the city.

This being said, the opera house is not essential to good education at all. Its another one of many facilities that can be used to boost your EQ.

Get the landmarks with jobs fix, and read some stuff about how education works in SC4, so you can better understand what the opera house or any school is actually doing in game.

Not sure. If it says they are incompatible they probably are. This is probably due to how the Opera House fix or the Landmarks Jobs fix actually mods the game. (Probably not in the way that makes most sense.)

Again, if you even want to see the opera house at all, you'll need a huge city (300,000 in one tile, or so) with a lot of older people -- and that's just to get the major art museum, which is a prereq for the Opera house. If you want landmarks with jobs get the landmarks with jobs fix.