Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wilko_1978

Images for my CJ

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hi! Im new here...

I'm Wilko from Argentina and I need some help because I want to make a CJ and I have a couple of questions...

I saw in CJ's that writers post a big sattelital photo of their regions. I want to know how can I do the same thing because when the map is big I can't see the entire region...

That's all for now... I have a few questions but I start with this one...

Sorry for my english!

I think you must be talking about Region Census.  It can be download here from Simcity Central.  You need to sign up for the forums to download the program.  

It just loads up your region, and can save a composite satellite image of your whole region. 

• Original Poster
  • Thanks!

That's what Im looking for...

I will test Regions Census tomorrow and I will try to get some captures from my region...

See you!

I think all the good folks that gave the warm welcome to newbies before are gone by now, well, I'm still here (don't know for how long though) so I welcome you to Simtropolis wilko_1978 . 2.gif

Welcome to simtropolis! Its great to see a new face, and don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll find region census very handy for what you want as it takes a photo of the entire region, however if you are reffering to those images that are from a birds eye perspective then this program won't do that. That involves manually editing the regional pic in photoshop, which can be very hard to do.

Vigilante1987a, I don't think anyone has made a version, but you could request it if you really want it. The alternative is to mosaic pictures you have taken of the region in-game to form one giant picture, which is what I used to do before region census.

Anyway, good luck in you future CJing wilko_1978!

Cheers, choco.

Originally posted by: Vigilante1987a Newbies generally get a warm welcome in the "Introduce Yourself Here" threadq] 

lol.....no kidding, but I knew that.

wilko 1978 made his first two posts here !

nexis: I noticed that.  I was trying to gently point wilko in that direction.

shivsood: Sorry I can't help you, my mac saves screen shots to the desktop, however, I

use the in-game photo album for most of my CJ pics.

shivsood: When asking about things like that, you really need to specify which OS.  So, assuming it is Windows:

PrintKey 2000 might, but I'm not sure.  It is free but unsupported.  More info (and a download) can be found here on the PC World web site.

There is also a Pro version which is still supported.  You can download a trial version and purchase the full software on the WareCentral site.  (Not warez... WareCentral is the company that markets PrintKey Pro.)

Woah, woah.  There is no need for those Koffee.

Shivsood, Simcity has a built in image taker.  All you need to press is 'ctrl' + 'shift' + 's' and then press space bar to change sizes and click to take a photo.

It saves the images to your album folder, which can be found in C/My Documents/Simcity 4/Albums.

Good luck!

EDIT: Yep, I said the wrong thing! 21.gif

choco: Right you are. SC4 can handle basic pics all by itself without any other software. Maybe I read too much into shivsood's question since he asked for a program. I thought the needs were more advanced or even outside of SC4.

Btw, Ctrl+Shift+Alt doesn't do anything for me, but Ctrl+Shift+S puts me into snapshot mode, and then I can do the space and click.

So...

Ignore my post. SC4 has the tools you need for city pics, and RegionCensus will handle the region as a whole. But if you have very advanced needs, or want a general tool for things other than SC4, then don't ignore my post. 4.gif

• Original Poster
  • Thanks to everybody who gave me a nice welcome to Simtropolis!

It's nice to be there and I found this siter so usefull. I hope to spend so many time here. The CJ section is wonderfull!

See you boys!

And again, sorry for my english!