• MOTM_inbox
    MOTM_inbox

Interview with Beebs

When did you join Simtropolis?

March 1, 2005.

Why did you join Simtropolis?

I was frustrated with some of the troubles I was having on my Mac. I went to simcity.com and discovered that I really couldn't get help there. I went to the links to fansites section and clicked on some random fansite. It ended up being Simtropolis. 3.gif

Did you ever expect to win the EOTM?

Not really. I do enjoy working for the community and finding solutions to the unique problems that we Mac users have with SimCity. But I prefer to do most of my work under the radar, away from the "attention," so to speak. My first thought at this was about the same as my first thought when I was invited to become a moderator; "Has Dirk lost his marbles?" 3.gif

Why did you think you were nominated for the EOTM?

I reckon that it was for the most recent thing I've done that didn't happen to be under the radar. But it seems to have made the Mac community happy, and that makes me happy. So it's all good. 4.gif

Will winning the EOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

Actually, no. Okay, that sounds kinda bad, but it really isn't. I simply have certain things that I want to accomplish. Some are perhaps too ambitious and might be just a pipe dream, but I'm still working on them. That really hasn't changed. On the other hand, I never thought I'd manage to get the simcity.com landmarks and props for the Mac community, but I did. I guess anything's possible.

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

I spend lots of time with my boyfriend of 5 years, planning our wedding. 4.gif I have four little bunnies that I adore. Video games in general have always been of interest to me. I got my first console in 1979, I think, an Atari 2600, when I was three. I don't remember life before video games. Right now, I'm working through Kingdom Hearts II and Dragon Quest VIII. I also spend lots of time building model ships. At the moment, I'm working on the Lusitania. I also enjoy a nice afternoon target-shooting with my bow. And movies... Lots and lots of movies! More Gandalf!

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

One of the best was when the Simtropolis Closet got started. It was lots of fun back then when jmusshorn and masher were still around. It's still good now, but I do miss those guys. I have other favorites, but I probably shouldn't talk about them. 3.gif

Do you have a job?

Yes. Right now, I'm a teacher at an English as a second language school. But I'm ready to change careers now. I'm working towards a new career that will surround me with books, be it publishing or a bookstore.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

Hmmm... Only one? Not easy. 1ajs would be fun, but I think he would become very unhappy rather quickly without lots of things to take pictures of. 3.gif

What forums do you moderate?

Mac Forum, obviously. 9.gif I'm also in SimCity 4 General Discussion, General Off-Topic, Community Goings-on, and Forum Games.

What is your favorite aspect of being a moderator on Simtropolis?

[insert diabolical laughter here] Actually, it's not that. 3.gif I suppose the best part is knowing (mostly) what's going on and having the ears of people I wouldn't normally know. There are lots of really dynamic individuals working here and I'm glad to know them.And, as usual, for my ending:

ISF

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback