• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome!

jiangkaiwen

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this city?

• Yes :D
    • No :'(

Hello everyone! This is my region Simtopia (I know, dumb name 3.gif)

I will be posting new entries every two weeks! Please check back often and enjoy! Make sure you give me suggestions for my city! Due to March Break, the next entry will be posted on the 17th! Stay tuned!

The region Simtopia currently consists of a city called Masonville. Pictures below 21.gif:

SimCity42012-03-1016-22-33-64.jpg

Traffic used to be heavy on this bridge until an express route opened up which resulted in this bridge's traffic problems to be gone. Notice the pollution around it. There are no industrial areas by the water. The pollution is caused by all the cars!

SimCity42012-03-1016-22-53-37.jpg

The Industrial island in Masonville

SimCity42012-03-1016-23-19-96.jpg

This is Masonville's downtown area. Many high wealth areas are currently around here. Surprisingly, traffic is not that bad in this area. In the roundabout (if you can see it3.gif) is a library. This is the normal library in the game.

SimCity42012-03-1016-23-27-68.jpg

This is a developing area for commercial stores and or services. A picture showing the location content is below.

SimCity42012-03-1016-23-27-68-1.jpg

SimCity42012-03-1016-23-53-50.jpg

Called the University hospital, this is currently the only hospital in Masonville. It's radius covers the whole city! It can hold a total of 30000 patients.

SimCity42012-03-1016-24-32-75.jpg

View of the city.

I hoped you enjoyed Masonville! Please come back on the 17th to view the next entry! See what happens next!

Thanks!

Don't forget to leave comments and rate!

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Umm... When you said "there are no industrial areas by the water", there's a whole industrial district right next to it in the picture below. I'm not criticizing, it's just funny. It seems the industrial area is causing massive air and water pollution in your city. You might want to put trees and parks around your industrial district to decrease the pollution.

But, gritty city CJ's are very successful, as well. Search "Selbring County" or "Tenements and Rust" in the city journals to see good gritty city CJ's.

Good luck with this CJ! :D

Share this comment

There is amazing amount of spectacular custom content on the STEX, I see a bit in your city, but it isn't plentiful. I'm not saying that you need to go download 500 buildings and parks or anything, but the qualities of a good CJ:

-Replies to Viewers
-Decent amount of custom content/Entertaining Storyline
-Custom content is well displayed and fits in with its surrounding areas
-Uniqueness, make your CJ one of the few of its kind. Here are some great open categories;

American Wild West
Australian Outback
Alaska
South African Countries
Antartica
Austria
San Diego Metro Area
West Virginia
Boston

As you can see, you have plenty of environments to choose from, and your not just limited to the ecosystem Maxis has given you

You should also get
1. A Water Mod
2. A Terrain Mod
3. A Rock Mod
4. A Beach Mod
5. A Slope Mod

And these highly reccomended downloads:

Network Addon Mod, Street Addon Mod, Real Highway Mod, Colossus Addon Mod

Make sure you also find a good Mayor Mode Ploppable Tree Pack as well. I reccomend Simfox's, they look great in all areas.

Good Luck. Remember, this CJ is yours and feel free to do whatever you like, I simply made some suggestions. :whatevs:

Share this comment