Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skaaater

skyscrapers!..... How do I get them?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hello. I havent played sim city much, but i have build a couple of cities that contain around 12,000 people. I do not have any skysrapers and i know that I wont get any until I reach aroud 26,000 people. But  my question is is that by building neighboring cities, would that help with skyscraper production u konw with deals and people, and could I get skyscrapers with one tile? I mean skyscrapers with one tile by, could i make a city that has alot of commercial, industrial, and residential area and expect skyscrapers to giv my city a BIG downtown on one tile in a region? thank u

well, first of all, make sure you have high- density residential/ commercial. skyscrapers, though, will mainly be built when there is no available space left, so the only way to go is up.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but if it's about neighbor cities, yes they will help in the formation of skyscrapers. Skyscrapers need both population and demand to grow and so putting in neighbors will help. If you want a large commercial downtown you can speed things up by depriving your neighbor cities of commercial zones. Then in your central city, build zones with high-density C. The unmet demand in the neighbors will be transferred to your central city, accelerating commercial growth. You shouldn't worry about R skyscrapers because these are very easy to grow. Once your population has reached a certain point and there's no more space, the only way to go is up.

Aim to have them in the highest valued area, normally right in the middle of your commercial sections. Thats how I normally get mine, but relations with other cities won't do you any harm either

ok i have a couple tips for you :

1.you must have over 32 000 residential population if you want to have some residential high rise ,45 000 commercial jobs if you want some commercial high rise

2.the zone must be really accesible like build good road that works ,subways ,bus, monorail ,.......

3.check out the desirability ,it means a lot ,somewere were there's a lot of sound and people is a place for commercial because there are tons of customers and for the residential ,try to put it not too far from the jobs but it has to be a calm place ,dont forget to put schools ,parks ,hospitals ,libraries ,police station ,fire station they can raise the desirability .

4.the demands can really change something to raise the r$$$ demands wich are the best for resdential ,build some high class commercial (zone with high desirability and high land value)or you can also do some high tech industries ,just do a industrial zone and put tons of parks in it ....

after that u should have a couple of skyscrapers in your city

This is the most popular question on this site!!.<br />You have to be sure that you have high commercial demand a desirability in low and medium. Place in 4x4 tile and voila, if you have more than 300000 some will start to appear-