Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gman55

An ode to SimCity

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • First of all, hi Simtropolis and thanks for all the great stuff you've made for the game!

The other day I was cleaning out my closet when I found an important relic from my childhood: my original SimCity 2000 box with a receipt inside. It's dated from 1994. I remember having my parents drive all over town looking for an Egghead Software (remember those guys?) store to buy it from. I was 7 at the time 3.gif

After seeing that box, I got a nostalgia rush (man I feel old) about how I spent hours playing SC2k. I honestly think I was a better city designer back then than I am now. Heck, in third grade I remember writing little stories for class assignments about what it would be like to live in an arcology (always the launch one).

Ever since then, SimCity is the only game that I go out and buy on its release date - full price plus the player's guide. This series has always been important to me...for over 10 years now.

Anyway, I'm glad Maxis keeps on releasing more and more sequels to this amazing game. And I'm glad it has a dedicated community that keeps on making it better.

This exact same thing actually happened to me a few weeks ago when I was moving. When we unpacked the boxes in my new apartment I saw it beneath some old schoolbooks. It sure was a great game at the time! 9.gif

You younguns lol ... back in 1994 I was ... erm ... lets say just a little older than 7 9.gif Lying around here someplace is sc1 and sc2, though I didn't really play the game until sc3 when I got given the world edition by a mate of mine who worked for the bbc and had been given it to review by Maxis (he never did as he had previously reviewed the original sc3. Now that was a game I played until the wee small hours of the morning. And now sc4 ... well, lets just say I've had more than a few sleepless nights 2.gif lol Now we have to wait and see what wonders Maxis have in store for us with sc5 (when it arrives). I, for one, will be at the head of the queue to buy that the day it comes out 9.gif

I've been playing sim city since it came out on super nintendo, but only recently became interested in forums and cjs etc. Simtropolis definately keeps the Sim City exprience fresh. I look forward to getting more involved...

Oh yes, I still have that game in my pile of CDs above my computer. Special Edition which the nice UFO on it as I look at it now. I was in 2nd grade I think when I got that.