Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nakedmatador

Zoning freeze

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hello fellow Simtropolosians.

This just started happening in one of my cities. As I zone--currently agriculture-- I highlight the area to zone, and let go of the mouse button, the area stays highlighted with the cost of the zone showing. The game then hangs at this spot. If I control-alt-delete to the task manager then cancel, or hit the start menu button on the keyboard then go back into SC4 the zone is laid out and the game continues as normal. I have not noticed this in any other city in my current region.

I am running Rush Hour with I believe the current update. Updated a week ago anyway. I have 512 MB RAM a 1.7 GHz proc. Windows 2k Pro.

As I said this just started happening halfway through the zoning of this city.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the Simtropolis community.

How big is the city? Does it have a high population?

With that machine, serious lag can occur because of the hogging of CPU and memory by this program. Make sure you have your virtual memory set to at least 1536MB.

• Original Poster
  • The population in the city is currently 16,874.

The virtual memory on my machine is set to 1024 Min and 2048 Max.

I haven't really experienced excessive lag with the game even in my cities of 500,000 plus. I shut down all non-essential processes before launching. Since my experience with this particular city I have started four new cities with no issue.

Is there any way to get the blank city back and try to start it over?