Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squeakors

No jobs? Or poor commute?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • It is ridiculous that as soon as a  $$ or $$$ hi-rise residential building goes (capacity <2,000) up that all of a sudden a No Job brief case appears! How can these people not find jobs when I have more jobs in the city than people? And I only have but two neighbors who both have populations >10,000  and each around 1,000 I-M or I-HT and 4,000 C-O $$ and C-S $$. Even when I zone Ind. (where I-HT will develop) next to Dense Residential the Res. buildings will be at a loss in jobs! I have great networks of highways and avenues, and roads (I'm not a mass transit person until my pop is <60,000). And my commute time average is around 50 min. So any ideas to help my situation? 42.gif

Thanks K. Koski of Riverton, Wyoming

I'm from Flint, Michigan so you know.....Go Red Wings! #1 44.gif

Squeakors, jobs aren't as simple as you think. Each type of job (I-D, CS$, Co$$$, etc.) provides different PROPORTIONS of jobs per wealth level. See this chart below:

____\_Jobs Provided
    Jobs_\R$___R$$__R$$$
    CS$___100%_0%___0%
    CS$$__68%__27%__5%
    CS$$$_62%__30%__8%
    CO$$__40%__50%__10%
    CO$$$_20%__65%__15%
    IA____100%_0%___0%
    ID____100%_0%___0%
    IM____50%__45%__5%
    IH____10%__80%___10%

Even if you had 1 million I-D jobs in a city (assuming no civic structures are around), a single R

There's a problem.. if you look at travel graphs, you will see that for the R$$$ they are commuting out of town. This kind of stuff happens.

You can take Peorth's suggestion and raise taxes-- it will effectively limit growth and make your city a little easier to handle.

Try bulldozing the building as SOON as it is empty (before it becomes down-wealthed)

If it does not re-appear then it was not meant to be. If it does, chances are it will direct correctly to the newly developed commerical. As for the commercial building, it will probably not re-appear, as the bulldozing will slightly lower the desirability, preventing false-building. Maybe.

I for one welcome the skyscrapers of growth-- whether they be downwealthed or premium!

Date: 2/19/2006 9:36:33 AM Author: Peorth Squeakors, jobs aren't as simple as you think. Each type of job (I-D, CS$, Co$$$, etc.) provides different PROPORTIONS of jobs per wealth level. See this chart below: _____Jobs Provided Jobs_R$___R$$__R$$$ CS$___100%_0%___0% CS$$__68%__27%__5% CS$$$_62%__30%__8% CO$$__40%__50%__10% CO$$$_20%__65%__15% IA____100%_0%___0% ID____100%_0%___0% IM____50%__45%__5% IH____10%__80%___10%
    quote>

I've seen that chart posted before (maybe it was by you?). Where did you get it from? I've been unable to find any exemplars that break down jobs like that. Is it built into the game code? Was that chart from a strategy guide, and is it still accurate? Thanks.

Date: 2/20/2006 7:43:34 PM
    Author: Bones1
    I've seen that chart posted before (maybe it was by you?). Where did you get it from? I've been unable to find any exemplars that break down jobs like that. Is it built into the game code? Was that chart from a strategy guide, and is it still accurate? Thanks.
    quote>

Simcity 4 chart

I believe this is from the Prima guide, but I don't actually know.

Bones1, I believe that chart is from the Prima guide. I don't have the guide itself but I saw the chart posted elsewhere and saved it. I can't verify it's veracity myself but I've seen knowledgeable people mention figures in old posts (circa 2003 or so) that are consistent with the chart.