3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

So I don't do much modding (or asset creation) except parking lots, but I wanted to try to create a larger farm asset. Now, I can make an asset using the park template, then assign RICO settings to it using the xml file. But if I wanted to add another asset as a sub-building, how do I assign RICO settings to that building? After trying a couple different things, it keeps popping up as a park in game instead of a farm extractor (only the main building is a farm extractor). Any help would be appreciated. Tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything.

Haven't actually tried creating a mixed-use building, but here is an example of one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961093563

This is the code Eurasia has used for RICO.  If you want the RICO settings to show up in the workshop, I think you may first need to publish the asset in the workshop, subscribe to it and then create the definition file and then update the workshop asset with the xml file to the Workshop asset to reflect the Steam ID.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PloppableRICODefinition>
  <Buildings>
    <Building name="Imperia_Tower" service="office" sub-service="high" level="3" workplaces="180" homes="0" construction-cost="360000" ui-category="reshigh"></Building>
    <Building name="961093563.Imperia_Tower_1_Data" service="commercial" sub-service="tourist" level="3" workplaces="20" homes="0" construction-cost="20000" ui-category="reshigh"></Building>
    <Building name="961093563.Imperia_Tower_2_Data" service="residential" sub-service="high" level="5" workplaces="0" homes="40" construction-cost="40000" ui-category="reshigh"></Building>
  </Buildings>
</PloppableRICODefinition>

• Original Poster
  • Hmm, I'll have to try that. He used notepad vs using XML notepad. XML notepad had no way for me to add more buildings to it, at least not any way I could see. But if it is just as simple as adding more lines in notepad, I'll try that. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By von_Maximilian
        I fell like there is a simple solution to this problem but it is eluding me. In a previous post I was asking for help adding RICO settings to sub-buildings and I now have that sorted out. However, I have this problem where all my sub-buildings included in the RICO XML file are appearing in the UI panel as boxes (see image below). In the XML I deleted the ui-category="xxxx" for all the sub-buildings but that didn't do anything. I am out of ideas. In an old guide by AJ3D he mentions:
        I am not sure how to give procedural placement style to buildings though, or if this is even the right solution lol. Any help appreciated.

• By OcramsRzr
        I have become more familiar in 3Ds Max and even gained enough expertise in it over the past few months that I think my skill level is approaching a point where I think I am good enough to start making mods for Cities: Skylines. I started practicing in 3DsMax to make brick rowhouses for the game Banished but since I am more interested in Cities: Skylines now and my buildings were practice so I can mod C:S, I decided to start a new project of making buildings just for Cities: Skylines.

I whipped this building up over the course of 4-7 hours today. It would have taken only 1 or 2 hours had I not made a ton of mistakes that required me to start from the beginning.

It will normally grow on a 4 tile wide x 3 tile deep lot with the ability to grow on a 4x4 lot with a backyard.
        FYI, I plan on making a ColorMask for the outer 2 rowhouses so it could have more variety (bright red, pink, tan, and whitewashed).

Please give me feedback to help me improve the quality of my creations.

Thank you!

--Ocram
      • By Jose26x

Hello everyone I want to say first Thank you to this community and learned a lot about everything that is talked about in the games in modeling buildings and those things thank you very much again for your great work.
        I open this portal to find out how I can create my items in RICO, how many times I see it but I have no release since I can find the building in the RICO menu but when I put it on the field after a while it disappears.
        Do not know if there is a method or some mod for this.
        someone has a guide on this topic.

• By mgomrjsurf
        I have the latest Ploppable Rico the one that fixes Houses turned on but when open it in Game nothing shows up could it be I need whole folder put in Assets not just Crp file in Maps.
        Also some Roads won't let me put a Road Name on them and some will. Also next Route Mod update include the option the Route to show up on Map and on Highway Sign. Also is their a way to Edit Higheay Signs over a Highway. Also put a Building like Walmart back far from roadside so can put a Parking Lot or so on?

• By The rock the motard
        Hi everybody !
        Is it possible to turn a RICO building from the workshop into a growable building ?
        Tranks a lot !