Sign in to follow this  
espee04135

Landscape Designer Will Not Load The Correct Size Grayscale

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello all, I am trying to alter the city sizes and locations in the Rhiannon region from the STEX to fit my needs. Something I have done many times to many maps in the past without issue. However this time everything is going wrong.

It is a 1025x1025 map. Every time I load the image into the Landscape Designer - Config Bitmap Creator it keeps changing the size of the picture to 820x820. I checked the picture in the Landscape Designer - Terrain Generator option just to see if it loaded the correct 1025x1025 size and it did without issue. Tried to load it again into the Config Bitmap Creator only to have it shrink it back down to 820x820.

Any idea what is going on here and how to fix this issue? The only thing different about my computer now vs. the last time I used the Landscape Designer is that now I am running Google Chrome and bought a new printer. I can't imagine either one of those things having anything to do with the problem I am having.

Just for fun I went ahead and made a config at the 820x820 size and of course the game didn't like that much.  ;)

Thanks for your time and any ideas on what may be causing this issue. - Daniel

PS, attached is the Rhiannon map so you can see I am not crazy, it really is 1025x1025. 

post-7302-0-91911900-1377797143_thumb.jp

You're not crazy, espee. I've had this problem since installing Landscape Designer. Can anyone help us figure this out?

The Config Bitmap Creator module is the only part of the program that doesn't work properly. When I "Load a Terrain Image" it reduces the image by 20%, according to the Region Map Size listed on the left. This happens regardless of the dimensions of the file. It means that the config file the program generates doesn't fit the image. 

Using the transparency overlay to create config files is a great feature - the only one I was interested in, actually - and I don't know why it won't work!

I'm using version 0.97.3 beta, downloaded from the STEX. I've downloaded and reinstalled it again, but nothing's changed.

• Original Poster
  • Well at least I know now I an not alone with this issue. Have uninstalled both the my game and the designer and tried everything fresh and still the same bad result. Oh well, I suppose I am just out of luck on this one..

Best wishes to everyone and thanks for your input about this issue.

- Daniel 

Something has changed in the underpinnings to create the correct config.bmp file.  I get good maps, but my config.bmp file has to be made manually.  I think it is a problem with the Windows Executive (wine), since I haven't been able to find out what is wrong.  Even adding MS-paint to my environment didn't help.  So I just use MT-Paint (a linux program) to do this job.