Sign in to follow this  
Alex_1210

Editing tilesets

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was wondering if you could completely replace a city tileset with something else. For example, i never ever use the chicago tileset, so i want to change its name, delete all the buildings that grow in it (or at least disable them) and make only the buildings i select build in that tileset, is that possible?

Well, I know you can change the tileset of buildings, watch this video for that: 

As for changing the name of the tile set, I do not know for certain.  There have been User Interface mods made that have changed other text, such as editing the words "mayor rating" to "happiness" which you will see in that tutorial.  That mod can be found here: 

I have seen other versions of the game localized to other countries languages and the language of the text for the tilesets is in their native language.  So, I guess if "mayor rating" can be changed to "happiness" and the the names of the tilesets can be changed to fit other languages than it might be possible.  Someone else will have to chime in the details of that though if indeed it can be done.

But changing what tileset a lot/building grows on can definitely be done.  If/when you watch my tutorial on that, you will see when I open the SC4PIM it asks me to choose what directories to search for files, I turn off the maxis files in my tutorial by unchecking the top three boxes, if you wished to change the tileset the maxis buildings/lots grow on you would do the opposite, you would leave those boxes checked and uncheck everything else(isuggest you do this with an empty plugins folder though, it will make for a lot less junk and a lot less scrolling around.