Sign in to follow this  
Tom88876

Connection Problems

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

So heres my Problem

I have 2 cities connected to each other by rail and road

The first city has a pop of about 30,000 and the second one about 5000

The second city doesn't have any industry so it commutes to my big city.

When i look at the road connecting them on city 2 it says 898 cars

But when i look at it on my big city it says none

Same thing with my rail it drops form 500 to 151

The cars can't just be dissapearing at the border can they?

Any ideas what could be happening

You have to run about a Sim month for neighbour connections to stabilize, perhaps longer.  If you use the Route Query Tool (ALT+/) on the road in question, you will see it come up to volume.

The other thing to be aware of is that all freight goes to the big bit bucket in the sky at any border and is not carried across.

Play each city for few months and combine so the information flow between two cities would be up-to-date. The thing is - Sims from the small town see there are jobs in the adjacent one and they go there. When they arrive they take the workplaces. If it happens that there are not enough work places for all of them who traveled, then not all of them will arrive. For example 500 of them left the city but in the neighbor one there is only 200 jobs for them. only 200 of them will enter the city. Not to say that region playing is actually problematic for the game and not solved in the best way.

I also actually have similar situation. Sims leave one city but not all of them reach the other one. U just keep your attention that u have enough of jobs provided and not to make the commuter loops.

Good luck!