Sign in to follow this  
MafKees88

Pedestrian walk around

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dear viewers,

I have a question:

Why can't pedestrian just use the short walk at a avenue?

And for that matter: why can't they use the crossings?

I added a picture from a skyscraper where i have removed the avenue to force the people to use the subway.

Otherwise the only used their cars. I can't find out why they just walk around the corner.

I've learn from other forums that pedestrians won't want to walk too far, but this is rediculous.

Hopefully someone can help me.

post-623126-0-72197500-1364032968_thumb.

post-623126-0-98902200-1364032982_thumb.

Dear viewers,

I have a question:

Why can't pedestrian just use the short walk at a avenue?

And for that matter: why can't they use the crossings?

I added a picture from a skyscraper where i have removed the avenue to force the people to use the subway.

Otherwise the only used their cars. I can't find out why they just walk around the corner.

I've learn from other forums that pedestrians won't want to walk too far, but this is rediculous.

Hopefully someone can help me.

The game is not perfect, that's why. Its not a big deal as it does not lead to huge increases in commute times. 

They don't walk on the other side of the road because they are programmed like cars. It would require a lot of extra programming to have a different transportation control for pedestrians. 

Sims can use crossings and do walk, but walking is so slow in the base game that it often makes sense for them to drive.  In real life, my friend won't even walk a block to the grocery store, he always drives there.  

I haven't seen the particular issue you've posted in your pictures, but then again I'm not an expert.  I'm sure there's some reason why they are taking the long route, some path is blocked or it violates some specific rule.  

NAM is a mod that changes the traffic simulator of the base game.  Sims will walk a lot further with NAM and there are many other changes as well that make the game better, not necessarily easier.  There was an old thread that described the traffic simulator and how it works, you can search for it.