Sign in to follow this  
Camlon

No demand for industry

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

I just made two cities. One of them have about 400K industry jobs, 500K people, and seem to be working fine. 

However, the adjacent city who was working fine before seem to be bugged. It has 1M people, (2M if you take into account that I have the resident halver mod). At a pretty random moment commute times multiplied by 10, and no one seems to be working at dirty industry and demand for dirty industry fell to -6000. I am also getting some job problems because people are fighting about the limited commercial/manufacturing jobs.

But the interesting things is. The census addition tell me that I have drive for 560K dirty jobs, and I currently only have 410K dirty jobs. I tried to destroy industry, but even when the number of dirty industry jobs dropped to about 100K (have to be careful not to destroy too much manufacturing) there was still zero demand for dirty industry,

Before you jump in and say it is due to education, My education level is 15 so there should be plenty of demand for dirty industry and there is zero demand for manufacturing and hi-tech. I have also tried to 
1. Build subways 
2. Destroy all connections. Nothing changed at all when I removed the connections. I destroyed the roads as well. 

Still zero demand for dirty industry.  Any possible explanation?

Edit: I tried to make a connection to another new city adjacent to the industry, and found out that the people refused to acknowledge the exit existed and kept taking the same paths trough my whole city.

Also, when I went to the empty city which is only adjacent to the big city, the demand for dirty industry was massive.

Also, I checked. Demand cap for dirty industry is 100%. But it should increase as freight leaves the city.

---

Merged double post, please use the edit-button in the future! Thanks!

-timmie

Edited by timmie  

double post merge