Sign in to follow this  
Zades

1.4million visitors / 170k real visitors (at least that's what I think it is)

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Not sure if this is how it goes for visitors but in the history view of the population it currently says 1.4 million visitors, which I assume is the fudged visitor count.  The actual visitor count (the numbers shown in the detail view anyways) is around 170k if you add alll up all the workers/shoppers/tourists/students/whatever else.  And the visitor count is still GROWING. 

If what I'm reading and guessing is correct, it is possible for the game to simulate 170k+ agents/sims in your city (unless I'm missing something sine this is visitors and not actual population).  I don't see why EA/Maxis needs to actually fudge the population.  200k is actually on the VERY high side of a 2km^2 area.  If you look at highest density cities in the world you'll get a range of 20k-30k population per km^2, which is about for 80k-120k population in our 2km^2 cities.

My city highway also is pretty clear of traffic.  The only parts of my city that gets any significant amounts of traffic at all is the medium density artery roads to feed into my high density avenue that exits/enters the city.  The highway itself is pretty clear all day.  And the artery roads only really clog up during morning/evening commute.

The total 1.4 million visitors.  I know it's listed as by month at the bottom, but as far as I can tell one Sim month = one Sim day.

g7b1MBXh.jpg

The 170k visitors that's listed.

70hbZlzh.jpg

The traffic

QvcPiE6h.jpg

• Original Poster
  • How did you manage that?

I'm actually not quite sure myself.  I started the city not intending to house a lot of population or visitors.  The idea was to build a production chain from importing oil,ore, and coal to exporting computers and TVs.  Which worked and netted me a ton of profit.  After suffering through three nuclear meltdowns, my Sims are still rather happy in my city and now lives in radioactivity without a care in a world.  How odd.  Later I funded the Arcology mostly completely by myself and fueled it by myself.  I think that's when my visitor count started to spike up considerably.  I think the sheer amount of jobs from the reactor and all the specialization buildings attracted people from the region and the Arcology as well as shopper.  Same with my eduction.  I have 2 high schools that teaches around 3k students a day, although it's dropping fast (and going to my university instead?).  I think having a road network that doesn't get jammed as much going in and out of the city also helps a great deal (although now I'm approaching 1.6m / 200k real visitors it's starting to jam the intercity roads).