Sign in to follow this  
A Nonny Moose

DST Ends in North America

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just a reminder that DST (Daylight Savings Time) ended last night at 0200. Everyone should have set mechanical and off-line clocks back one hour.

Computer and phone changed automatically. Microwave, alarm clock, and watch changed manually.... car not changed yet since I haven't used it today.

My car has a weird thing where you can't change the clock unless the stereo is on. I suppose the two are part of the same system and you can't make any modifications with it on standby.

• Original Poster
  • if i only had a net work connected microwave :ninja: .

That is the one and only excuse for having home appliances on the net.

if i only had a net work connected microwave :ninja: .

That is the one and only excuse for having home appliances on the net.

Yes because its so terribly difficult to change a clock setting 2 times a year.

• Original Poster
  • I am glad you recognize sarcasm when you see it. However, what ever happened to the idea of hooking up your fridge to the Internet?

Oh, and I changed the batteries in all of my clocks except the chronometer. I will tomorrow when I get some more batteries. You should give your clocks new power sources in the fall, at least that's my schedule.

most of mine are powered by the devices they are attached too.

just my alarm clock has a battery back up, I change that once a year along with the one in my bathroom scale.

2 batteries a year. I really hate things that use batteries.

My alarm clock plugs into the wall. It has a spot for a backup 9V battery, but I've learned not to bother. When I still lived in Connecticut, I'd replace it and by the next time the power went out it'd be dead. I swear the damn thing needed to be replaced every couple months. Since moving to the city, in over a year I haven't had the lights so much as blink off. Yay underground power lines!

• Original Poster
  • I have a balance beam scale. A smaller version of the one the medics use. All mechanical. But thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the hold-up battery in my alarm clock. I'll have to check, but I think it is a 9V, and lasts about 10 years.