Sign in to follow this  
Mischief61

Error Message: "Cannot locate the Simcity4 Deluxe play disk"

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I have The SimCity Box and have successfully installed Simcity Societies and Sims Carnival SnapCity, but I cannot install SimsCity4.

I have tried to install from discs, as well as a manual installation, but after the installation is complete and I try to launch the game I get the error message, "Cannot locate the Simcity4 Deluxe play disk".

I have tried to launch the game with SimCity4 Disc 1 and Disc 2 and neither works.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

I have The SimCity Box and have successfully installed Simcity Societies and Sims Carnival SnapCity, but I cannot install SimsCity4.

I have tried to install from discs, as well as a manual installation, but after the installation is complete and I try to launch the game I get the error message, "Cannot locate the Simcity4 Deluxe play disk".

I have tried to launch the game with SimCity4 Disc 1 and Disc 2 and neither works.

Thanks!

Strange. However, the play disk is the second one. It must be in your CD drive before you launch the program. You could try the autorun from the play disk which should give you the option to play if your game is properly installed. It won't offer to run the game if there is something wrong with the install.

Are you running on Windows, MAC O/S or Linux?

• Original Poster
  • I have The SimCity Box and have successfully installed Simcity Societies and Sims Carnival SnapCity, but I cannot install SimsCity4.

Thanks!

Strange. However, the play disk is the second one. It must be in your CD drive before you launch the program. You could try the autorun from the play disk which should give you the option to play if your game is properly installed. It won't offer to run the game if there is something wrong with the install.

I have tried the autorun with disc 2 and the same thing happens.

Must not have installed correctly. I'm running Windows Vista.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Try marking the executable as Windows XP compatible

• Original Poster
  • I have The SimCity Box and have successfully installed Simcity Societies and Sims Carnival SnapCity, but I cannot install SimsCity4.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

How do I mark the executable as XP compatible?

Thanks!

I don't really know. I never used Vista, and I don't use Windows 7, but I know it can be done. I think if you navigate to the executable and right click on it you can set the compatibility mode.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

This is for Windows 7. I'm not sure if it is the same as Vista:

1. Right click it.

2. Select the Compatibility tab

3. Check the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode for:

4. Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) if it isn't selected already.

5. Hit OK

Edited by jacksunny  

Thanks!

The only time i seen this problem because disk 2 is not inserted :)

I may have already said this (I've been away). Mount disk 2 and try opening it in windows explorer (or your other file system). If it is OK, then you should be able to start the game. If not, I would really take a look at the disk driver, and then the drive itself. The drive may be out of alignment.