Sign in to follow this  
hu51

How to have big growables resi or com bats?

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hola,

Well, I don't know how exactly tell that I want...

In fact, I want build bats (residential or commercial) on fields x*4 ou x*5 or more, (the x means the nomber of squares along the street) and the number is the "width"

Sometimes, I arrive to build x*4 in commercial and sometimes I don't arrive.

I would like to khnow, how build this types of bats without have to put 2 roads (road + x*2 + x*3 + road = x*5) but just 1 road + x*4 or 5

I hope you have understand what I want mean.

I don't arrive this the shift key

Thanks

Hola,

Well, I don't know how exactly tell that I want...

In fact, I want build bats (residential or commercial) on fields x*4 ou x*5 or more, (the x means the nomber of squares along the street) and the number is the "width"

Sometimes, I arrive to build x*4 in commercial and sometimes I don't arrive.

I would like to khnow, how build this types of bats without have to put 2 roads (road + x*2 + x*3 + road = x*5) but just 1 road + x*4 or 5

I hope you have understand what I want mean.

I don't arrive this the shift key

Thanks

The question is do you mean growable BAT buildings or just any building? In either case you have to have the proper desirability and a high enough population. There is nothing wrong with using the CTRL key to create the size of lot you need, but be prepared for these lots to evolve over time to the type of building you want. This may take a hundred Sim-years or more. Desirability in commercial areas is improved by cleanliness, and the presence of parks and plazas. A nearby airport will also give this a boost. Minor effects can be achieved by adjusting taxes.

Of course plopping such buildings definitely messes up your demand so it is better to grow into them. I find it very satisfying to be working on a city in one area then switch to my CBD and find it has grown some serious big buildings while I was doing something else.

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

• Original Poster
  • Thanks, but you don't understand that I mean (It's true that I had explained very bad)

I khnow how to have big bats

I spoke about the field where the bats will grow. It's possible to "zone" fields 1*1 squares, 1*2, 1*3 or x*1, x*2, x*3, but I don't arrive to zone a field with 4 or 5 sqares or width or depth (not the lenght along the road, the other)

You have understand?

You mean trying to zone an area without the game automatically putting streets in the middle? To do this you hold control and zone where you want to zone. Is this what you mean?

A Nonny Moose said this above:

In either case you have to have the proper desirability and a high enough population. There is nothing wrong with using the CTRL key to create the size of lot you need, but be prepared for these lots to evolve over time to the type of building you want.

Edited by jack3oh3  

You mean trying to zone an area without the game automatically putting streets in the middle? To do this you hold control and zone where you want to zone. Is this what you mean?

In either case you have to have the proper desirability and a high enough population. There is nothing wrong with using the CTRL key to create the size of lot you need, but be prepared for these lots to evolve over time to the type of building you want.

Quite. Have a little care. 6 x 6 is the maximum for growable lots.

• Original Poster
  • You mean trying to zone an area without the game automatically putting streets in the middle? To do this you hold control and zone where you want to zone. Is this what you mean?

Ok, but to have 6 squares, you must do 1 road with 3 squares more 3 squares and 1 road or you can just have 1 road with 6 squares?

I think the second solution aren't possible.

Ok, but to have 6 squares, you must do 1 road with 3 squares more 3 squares and 1 road or you can just have 1 road with 6 squares?

I think the second solution aren't possible.

Try this little experiment in an open area of your city.

Press the s key (sets to medium density commercial)

Pick a spot, hold down the control key and drag a six by six area.

Release the control key and the mouse.

What have you got?

OK, take a look at the following 2 images.

In the first one I selected medium density commercial and zoned a 6x6 area next to the street corner, you will notice that the game automatically insterts the streets inbetween.

In the second one I selected med density comm again, but this time I press and hold down the Ctrl key while zoning the 6x6 area. As you can see, no streets are added to zoned area.

Hope this makes things clear to you.

Image 1

normi.png

Image 2

ctrlh.png

As you can see, it is essential that you hold the control key and drag your area all in one effort. You may not let go of either the control key nor the mouse. dazza262 has made this abundantly clear.

I do not understand why you did not understand my instruction.

• Original Poster
  • The second image is exactly what i wanted.

Oh my god, It works ! !

It was my fault. I held down the Shift Key instead of Ctrl Key

All my apologies

Thanks for all the time spent to explain me.

The second image is exactly what i wanted.

Oh my god, It works ! !

It was my fault. I held down the Shift Key instead of Ctrl Key

All my apologies

Thanks for all the time spent to explain me.

No need for apologies my friend, glad we could be of assistance and that you've learned something new.

That's what I love about Simtropolis. I've learned so much in the short time that I've been a member on here, from people like A Nonny Moose, that has enhanced my enjoyment of SC4. And I still learn new things about the game on an almost daily basis.

So it is a pleasure to pass on any of my still limited knowledge of the game whenever I can.

Juego con placer :golly: