Sign in to follow this  
Mutilated

Where do i begin?

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi!

I havent played Sim City 4 since it was released so i'm back at square one with this one.

I have a fresh install of the game and i need to know now where to begin.

Textures? Props? Plugins? So much....

I actually downloaded a pack of stuff. Dont know what i need though.

Here is the info:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL OF THE PLUGINS & TOOLS AVAILABLE TO NOV 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- IN GAME TOOLS & PLUGINS

All of the in game mod’s.

All of the in game tools.

All of the game plug-in’s (almost).

All of the plug-in dependencies.

- OUT OF GAME TOOLS

All of the terraforming tools.

All of the model making tools.

All of the regional tools.

All of the game utilities.

All of the data tools.

The Maxis dependencies.

Transportation update.

All of the utilities.

- IN GAME TOOLS & PLUGINS has these folders:

GENERAL PLUGINS - 700 folders with buildings i guess? I see names like New City Hall, Firestations, schools etc...

PEG PRODUCTIONS PLUGINS - 700 folders. Boardwalks, Fishingpiers, restrooms, trees etc...

PROPS - 79 folders. Not sure what this is. CSX mega props vol1, vol 2, BCS mega props pack vol 1 etc...

SNM PLUGINS - 86 folders. SNM base dining, SNM base Hospital etc... Every folder has military names of some sort.

TEXTURES - 9 folders. BSC textures vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, NDEX texture pack etc...

So, where should i begin? Any help is highly appreciated!

Welcome to Simtropolis.

First, stop and take a breath.

Now, take a walk through this thread. There is a ton of info there, all current that was recently given to another new member.

Then have a look in the Omnibus. You should find the link in the page header.

It is important that you have a Downloads folder outside the game organized in such a way that your plugins folder reflects its structure so that you can easily maintain the plugins. This is needed because some plugins are subject to regular revision and update.

So, don't rush. Take your time and enjoy your experience with Simtropolis, and the simulation. Have fun.