ElmoAssasin

Elmo's Mods (Elmods)

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dear Simtropolis community,

It's about time I became active here as well! I've been creating mods for Cities XL 2011 since it came out and I've been sharing them mainly on the official Cities XL 2011 forums.

CitiesXL 2011 is an amazing game and deserves a more active community here, on Simtropolis. Therefore, I will post all info about the mods I've created, providing download links and support. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I'm also running a very active Mod Requests Thread on the official forums where you can post any requests for mods you might have. I already created some mods that had been requested and I am currently working on a few more, so be sure that your wishes will not be ignored!

Note: clicking on a mod's name will take you to the official discussion topic where you can find more info on that mod.

Warning: Once you construct any buildings added by my mods in a city and save it, deleting the relevant mod will cause the game to crash if you try to load that particular city. However, destroying the added buildings before deleting the mod will make sure your city does not crash. The mod does not affect cities in which you do not construct the added buildings.

Mods Created

1. Metro Usage Increase

This is the most popular mod I've created. It increases the amount of people that would use your metro lines. It has a realistic and a low traffic version. The latter also increases the usage of your bus lines and lowers the amount of road traffic considerably.

Low Traffic - v1.00: 20/10/2010

Download

Realistic - v1.00: 05/11/2010

Download

2. Easy Metro Construction

This mod allows you to:

+ Build lower and / or higher rail bridges over both water and land

+ Construct metro stations on tracks that run deeper under the ground

+ Ascend / descend metro tracks by a maximum angle of 40 degrees instead of 35

+ Construct tunnel entrances and exits closer to water and at higher / lower altitudes

v1.01: 30/10/2010

Download

3. More Metro and Bus Stops

This mod increases the maximum number of stops for each metro and bus line to 200 (up from 40)

v1.00: 23/10/2010

Download

4. Super Silo + Fertilizer

+ This mod increases the range of the silo by 20% and the fertilizer building by 50%

+ It also decreases the required level of freight near the buildings by 15%

+ To balance the mod, the upkeep cost of silos has been increased by 20%, and the upkeep of fertilizer has been increased by 50%

+ The number of required workers has also been increased so they can keep up with distributing the recourses over the new broader range

v2.00: 22/01/2011

Download

5. Ploppable Sandbox (!UPDATED!)

This mod adds 20 new buildings to the utilities menu. All of them have relevant names & descriptions and somewhat relevant look to what they actually provide your city with.

- 10 of the buildings provide your city with all the tradable resources it needs - food, electricity, fuel, waste, water, offices, heavy industry, manufacturing industry, hi-tech industry and holidays. Each building provides you with a single resource so you can choose which ones you want to get from the sandbox.

- 2 of the buildings provide your city with the other resources - hotel services and retail services.

- The transport Hub building provides maximum satisfaction with freight & passenger services and serves as a city link, increasing freight and passengers trade capacity.

- 4 of the buildings provide your city with jobs for all citizen classes - 85% for one of the classes and 5% for each of the other 3. Check the buildings' descriptions to see which citizen class do they provide the major part of the jobs to. No citizens will get employed in those buildings until all other buildings that require workers of the relevant class have enough employees. This ensures that all important buildings in your city have enough workers to avoid any problems and allows you to easily grow the city.

- The Paradigm building makes your citizens completely satisfied with all city services - education, health, security, fire safety, leisure and environment.

- The 2 buildings originally present in the first version of the mod are also included. One of them provides you with the resources (water, waste, electricity, fuel, food, heavy industry, manufacturing industry, high-tech industry, offices and holidays). The other one provides an equal amount of jobs for each citizen class (unskilled, skilled, executives, elites).

v4.72: 20/04/2011

Download

6. Offshore Wind Turbine (!NEW!)

This mod removes the requirement to connect wind turbines to a road. It also adds a new wind turbine to the utilities menu.

+ It can only be built on water

+ It produces 20% more electricity than a regular wind turbine due to being at sea where wind is stronger

+ It costs twice as much to build

+ It does not require a road connection

v2.00: 11/08/2011

Download

7. Alternative Metro Stations (!NEW!)

This mod adds 8 new underground metro stations to the game. All added stations are based on buildings originally present in the game which have been redesigned to serve as metro stations as well. The extra space in the buildings is being occupied by retail stores. Therefore the added stations provide retail goods and require more workers than the original metro station.

One of the added stations has a medieval look, while another one has an Asian (Chinatown) look. The other 6 have a contemporary look.

Note: If you want to have different looking metro stations on the same line you need to build the stations first and then connect them with a line. For more info visit the mod's topic.

v1.00: 05/06/2011

Download

Have fun playing!

Elmo

Edited by ElmoAssasin  

• Original Poster
  • Unfortunately, I have to withdraw from modding for a while because I am too busy with my new job and my studies. However, I will continue to provide support and will soon start releasing mods again 1.gif

Have fun playing, everyone!

• Original Poster
  • Hey guys and girls, I've updated my post above. I've created 2 new mods (Offshore Wind Turbine & Alternative Metro Stations) and I've released a major update of the Sandbox mod. See the first post of the topic for more info ;)

Hi,

I recently started playing CXL 2011 again and am very interested in using your mods. Sadly the link to the ploppable sandbox doesn't work and the all in one Sandbox .patch I got sits in my pak folder and I can't find the buildings in game. I would love to try them, but don't seem able too.

• Original Poster
  • Hi,

I recently started playing CXL 2011 again and am very interested in using your mods. Sadly the link to the ploppable sandbox doesn't work and the all in one Sandbox .patch I got sits in my pak folder and I can't find the buildings in game. I would love to try them, but don't seem able too.

I just tested the link and it is working fine. If you put the mod in the paks folder you should see the buildings. I am using the mod myself :). Does the problem persist?

P.S. The Wind turbine mod has been updated