Sign in to follow this  
jeff1787

Ideal screen resolution

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

I get frequent crashes when playing, especially when the population of my cities gets up to 100,000 or more.  Sometimes the game crashes with even smaller cities, especially when I am using the postcard camera view.  I currently have the game set at the highest resolution possible, which is 2560 x 1440 x 60. 

Here are my system specs per the DXDIAG:

Processor:  Intel Core i7 CPU 875K @ 2.93 GHz (8 CPU's), ~ 2.9 GHz (not sure what all of that means)

Memory:  8192 MB RAM

Video:  ATI Radeon 5850  1GB  GDDR5

Monitor:  Dell 27" LCD

Windows 7

I am going to experiment with lower resolutions, but I was wondering what resolution most people use, especially those with no crashes.  I know to a certain point that the screen resolution is based on personal preference.  Anyway please post what screen resolution you use and if you get any crashes.

Thanks!

Here is what I know:

If the speed of a single core is 2.93 GHz, it should be fine. If a single thread/part of your hyper-threaded core is less than 2GHz, the program would not run properly.

It requires at lest 1GB of RAM and will quickly go up to 2GB of RAM if you have it.

I am not sure but your Graphics card seems fine

You have a giant monitor.

It should work on Windows 7.