Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danurve

Lesson Learned

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • So I was messing around with a city in a region and dozed / deleted some bats & files for an experiment. Then I saved and exited. Moved some new files into place and restarted the game. Only this time the city I was working on won't load, in fact every time I try to load the city it acted like it was going fine but instead crashes right out of the game/software. No error, the exe no longer in processes. 

Bummer - well this city is, sorry - was 42k and had some shipping and extensive rail. The experiment was to try and get freight to rail. I had a journal going but the theme had problems so .. anyhow now I had another set back. I never backed-up the region so I couldn't import the city over the corrupted one. 

Next best thing - I reimported the same region with just a different name. Then I started the same city/name on the other region, and saved it with no other changes. In my haste I forgot to add trees and other jazz. But then I could import the blank city into the active region. Using the photo album as a reference I rebuilt the rail system and sections of the city close to what it was with a few changes oviously. Got spanked for spending, which reminded me of an old girlfriend but lets not go there. 

Before I closed the game for the night I got the city back up to 12k, normal speed & all rail stations seem to be functioning as planned. Once I can get the city back up to where it was I'll continue with the experiment. If there is marginal sucess I might continue the region.

What a common story here. It's great to share your SimCity 4 experiences. I know that I have a region downloaded from another website, and it used pluging completely different than my inventory, so I had to discard it. No wonder Simtropolis doesn't offer cities for download, unless... Sorry, I went off a bit.

sad to hear but even sadder i know how you feel. infact i lost a big city transfering to a new pc, and i even copied the plugins folder exactly!! still never loaded

couldn't there be a way to at least trade transport systems and mabye zones? delete every building, to a bare city then save the city for uploading? mabye i don't understand the filesystem or something