Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mantis747

Serious Computer Trouble!

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hi,

This is a really serious Computer Error! (I am Running Windows XP)

Earlier this evening I added new hardware to my computer, it was a digital camera, as soon as I added it the computer restarted itsself.  And now whenever I turn it on, Windows says: "Windows has recovered from a serious error, and it restarts again, in fact when the computer has loaded up, you have about 60 secondsbefore it restarts itsself again, it just keeps on restarting.

I think it could be a programe clash.  PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP?

Well, something like this happened to me too. Only it was with a flash drive. My computer did the exact same thing. This happened to me because I kept unpluging and pluging in the flash drive without shutting down the item first. I went into something that showed all of the computers commands and what programs loaded and if it loaded sucessfully. I noticed the computer always shut itself down after two programs conflicted. It was an 'external drive' and something else. I forgot what I did to get to the computers command logs, but I do know that the program that was conflicting with my 'external drive' was of no improtance, so I un-installed it. But, I suggest you check before you do that. I am really sorry I can not remember much. This happened to me a month ago. Sorry. I hope this helps.

When it is restarting, press the button 'F8' to get a screen that gives you options like:

Boot in Safe-Mode

Boot in Safe-Mode with Network Connections

Etc...

Select the option (using the arrow keys) that says something like:

Roll back to last known working configuration

This will roll back your operating system to a state that was before the new hardware intallation. Then you should contact the manufacturer of the camera and let them know about the problem and see if they can help you fix it.

Good luck! If you have any more questions, just ask.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: fire_bird When you see the BIOS show the Windows logo and that back and forth status bar is going.quote>

nothing happenend?

Between when your computer is 'on' and when you actually see the Windows log on screen. Just tap F8 every second or so once your computer is physically 'on' (but Windows hasn't loaded).

• Original Poster
  • I've tried it and it seems to work, I will try and boot up Windows tomorrow ans ee if it works, fingers crosed!

Thanks for all your help everbody!

• Original Poster
  • Thanks everyone, all this advice worked!  My computer is back up and running successefully4.gif

thanks for all the advice in this post.

I thought you weren't suppose to hold down any key during the boot process cause, if you happened to miss it and Windows loaded, the key wouldn't work in normal operation.

Maybe I'm wrong?