• MOTM_inbox
    MOTM_inbox

Interview with Soldyne

When did you join Simtropolis?

Sometime in 2006 during my college internship (senior year).

Why did you join Simtropolis?

I was inspired by the City Journals and saw a lot of people asking questions that I knew the answers to and wanted to help out (I also had a few questions myself).

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

Are you sure you have the right guy?

Why did you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

I try to be helpful and take a neutral stance on things trying to see arguments from all perspectives (I do get riled up sometimes, no one is perfect).

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

I feel I already contribute quite a bit, but, I will be inspired to continue giving to the community.

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

My hobby is gamming; paper/pencil RPGs, PS3 and computer gamming. I like simulation, some RTS, RPG, turn based strategy. I also like designing and building personal computers.

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

It was a great honor to be asked to join the Simtropolis Help Squad and of course getting a personal request from Dirk himself to write a blog entry for the site was rather momentous; oh and of course getting this honor is quite high on the list (I am still not sure you have the right person though...)

Do you have a job?

I am a software analyst working on a Department of Defense project.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

Thats kind of an awkward question to ask because then I have condemmed another member to be stranded on an island with me. Give me a solar powered satellite phone with built in GPS so I can call for help instead!

What has been your main contributions to the site?

I have written a Blog entry, I have authored many FAQs and guides in the Omnibus and even created some nice decorative lots for the STEX, but, I think my main contribution has been all the little posts I have made that have helped people answer their questions and made their gamming experience a little easier. Getting help is always a good feeling, giving help feels even better.

Do you have anything else that you would like to share with us?

Give SimCity Societies a second (or third chance). Take a look at my Fable Falls CJ on the Tilted Mill forums, with mods (of which I have made over 300) the game is quite fun to play.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.