• MOTM_inbox
    MOTM_inbox

Interview with Purpledaddy

When did you join Simtropolis?

I joined Simtropolis and other fan sites about two years ago when I bought and started playing The Sims II for the first time. It coincided when I wrote to Maxis about an idea for a Sim City sequel that had nothing to do with Sim City. I had no idea they would take me seriously! 6.gif

Why did you join Simtropolis?

I thought this would be a cool place to try a Sim Diary. There were only a couple of them out there compared to the millions of City Journals, and I'm really not talented enough yet to BAT. I hung around when my SD finished b/c it's a fun place to be online.

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

Never. I didn't even really set out to be a online persona of any sorts outside of my Sim Diary work, much less an MOTM-worthy one. But I appreciated that if I wanted others to notice my work then I needed to patronize other's efforts. I like all of these computer games but I'm not exceptionally great at them. So when I comment on other's efforts I want to be nice and entertaining w/out coming across as "me too". I try to be clever, unique, short, funny, good-natured, appreciative, and otherwise hide the fact that I otherwise no idea what I writing about, at least terms of the technical stuff. Fortunately people at the site are cool enough that I can get away with all of it! 9.gif

Why did you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

I suspect it's b/c I'm in line for a moderatorship - that tends to be a site trend. And if I'm asked, I won't do it, I've got too much RL commitments!!! (How do you like that reverse psychology?) j/k!!! 3.gif

Actually, I suspect it was b/c of my snazzy pinstripe business suit. 9.gif

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

I'm afraid to jinx myself. I set out to create a complex Sim Diary based on the Jonas Family a couple of years ago w/ my daughter and I did some Sim City work this past year, only to have my hard drive crash each time. Fortunately my daughter did teach me a new word in her second grade spelling class: B-A-C-K-U-P! She's so literate.

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

I still have to ask my parole officer about what is legal! 18.gif

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

I like the Trixies and MOTM/EOTM's and seeing people I nominate win, especially myself. 9.gif

Do you have a job?

I'm a mid-level bureaucrat with the Real Life Bureau of Bureaucracy. I envision myself as my avatar, an empty suit. 19.gif

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

Whoever most likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain! 10.gif

What has been your main contributions to the site?

Getting people to argue if saying "happy holidays" during Christmas is too politically correct. 3.gif (We can say Happy Fourth of July or anything else on that and any day for all I care! )... 49.gif

... j/k

Style perhaps? Getting people to appreciate hidden nooks and crannies of Simtropolis, including The Sims, maybe?

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.