• Dirktator
    Dirktator

How to Join Simtropolis on Discord Chat

st-discord-avatar.pngSimtropolis now uses Discord for live chat!

If you're already familiar with Discord, here's our permanent invite link:  https://discordapp.com/vfpSy2H

Please note:  After you join us on Discord for the first time, you will be asked to link your Discord/Simtropolis accounts in order to confirm your membership. As long as you are currently logged into both services, just visit this shortcut and you're done:  http://bit.ly/2wogKsA

We hope to see you on! Happy chatting!

-----------

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Discord?

Discord is a cross-platform voice and text chat service designed specifically for gamers. Discord is completely free to use.

In order to get on Discord, you'll need to:

1. Register a new Discord account
    2. Download a Discord chat client (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux)

How do I join Simtropolis on Discord?

1. To join Simtropolis on Discord, visit this link:  https://discordapp.com/invite/vfpSy2H (also referred to as an "invite code")

Why am I listed as "unconfirmed member"? How do I confirm my membership?

Because both Discord and Simtropolis are separate services, one extra step is necessary in order to link your Discord account with your Simtropolis account, and confirming your membership.

The first time you join Simtropolis on Discord, you will be limited to the #unconfirmed and #public channels. To confirm/link your accounts, follow one of the options below:

1. Simply click on this short-cut:  http://bit.ly/2wogKsA (it will link the accounts) then go back to your chat window. And that's it!
    2. If for some reason, that doesn't work, you can do it manually by going to:  Simtropolis -> Account Settings -> Discord and press "Syncrhonize Now".

Why do I need to link my Discord/Simtropolis accounts?

Simtropolis chat has always been for members only. When you link your Simtropolis/Discord accounts, the system confirms that you are a member of Simtropolis. As a member, you will be able to access all the discussion channels:

• #social-lobby - our classic hangout for casual chat and banter
    • #simcity4, #simcity2013, #cities-skylines for game-specific discussion
    • #stex-help where you can ask questions about installing plugins and addons
    • #bot-fun where you can have fun with the resident bots

If you are part of the Simtropolis staff team, you will automatically be given moderator status and access to the staff-only channels.

As a confirmed member, the ST-Bot will update your Discord nickname to match your Simtropolis username (if they are different) so people will recognize you. (This does not change your name if you are part of other Discord communities. Nicknames are local to the server they are set on and not global.)

Edited by Dirktator  

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.