• Freddyeddy
    Freddyeddy

Will Wright interested in games that intersect with players' lives

GameHorizon Live: The Sims creator discusses the evolving relationship between player and designer, and the impact of new technology on the games business

"I'm very interested in how we build a game around a player's life….I want to figure out how to bring games back into everyday reality, games that intersect with players' lives," he said.

Not only did Wright speak about his personal ambitions, but he also said the time is right for the industry to blossom, thanks to a proliferation of talented designers.

"We have a much bigger crop of skilled designers than we ever have," he said. "Some of the greatest designers out there are just getting their start right now."

Full story with video: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-08-will-wright-the-future-game-design-and-its-impact-on-the-player

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

They can start by not treating us like bottomless wallets that are expected to have a Pavlovian reaction to addons and enhancements that should have been in a game to begin with. They might also respect the opinions of long-term fans and supporters and tailor their visions to mesh with them rather than directly opposing them and saying, "trust us, you'll love the changes".

Share this comment

They can start by not treating us like bottomless wallets that are expected to have a Pavlovian reaction to addons and enhancements that should have been in a game to begin with. They might also respect the opinions of long-term fans and supporters and tailor their visions to mesh with them rather than directly opposing them and saying, "trust us, you'll love the changes".

This is not about EA, you know?

Share this comment

That appears to be a live feed that is no longer live.  all I get is intro.

Me, too - but, then I dragged the mouse to about the 3:56 mark and it started - I don't know why it is set up that way - but, see if it works for you. 

Share this comment

I don't trust Will Wright anymore, sorry. He's not involved with Maxis or EA, but he sold his soul a long time ago.

He is still inloved with EA because EA have shares in his company. It isnt Will Wright fault it is EA.

Share this comment

I don't trust Will Wright anymore, sorry. He's not involved with Maxis or EA, but he sold his soul a long time ago.

He is still inloved with EA because EA have shares in his company. It isnt Will Wright fault it is EA.

Im sorry, but its not just EA fault.

Share this comment