• MandelSoft
    MandelSoft

The NAM Team presents... Project Symphony (Part 1 of 2)

The Maxis Highway get a great overhaul with Project Symphony! The NAM Team officialy reveals this piece of technology for the upcoming NAM 31 release and shows what it can do.

Part 1 of 2 is a presentation of the basic functionality of Project Symphony.

For more information about the NAM, check SimTropolis or SC4Devotion,com and stay tuned for more NAM developments!

Stay tuned for Part 2, where we going to build some basic interchanges!

NAM 31: Coming to you on March 1st!

(NAM Team is the best pony :P)

Best,

Maarten/MandelSoft

User Feedback

Seems that NAM 31 is going to be a BIG package.

It's been over a year since the last NAM came out so there's going to be a ton of new content packed in there. In addition, the fact that this is going to be the first monolithic NAM means means that it would be a big package even if no new content was added :P

Share this comment

I have always found the RHW to be a bit of a pig to get used too, I eventually abandoned using it as it just didn't come naturally for me. However it looks like this update has improved things considerably and made it a lot more accessible for newcomers so I'm really looking forward to this :-).

Share this comment

Looks great.

Maarten, a few suggestions. You should make a script and a story board for these little demos. It was quite disjointed overall, and a little planning would save some time. Also, please try to speak more distinctly. I do apprecitate this was made on-the-fly, but I think a little deliberation would help a great deal.

Share this comment

You should make a script and a story board for these little demos. It was quite disjointed overall, and a little planning would save some time.

This is why PS also has a Manual.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose, on , said:

You should make a script and a story board for these little demos. It was quite disjointed overall, and a little planning would save some time.

This is why PS also has a Manual.

If you wanted, I wouldn't mind do the narration aspect of the video. I have a mic with excellent quality and have experience with narration in the context of several school and personal projects.

Share this comment

If you wanted, I wouldn't mind do the narration aspect of the video.

Problem is, it takes a NAM Team Member to do that, simply because we know everything that's going on and how it works.

Additionally, the fact that NAMites do this also means they've played with the NAM enough that they know how to get a feel for how things work, and that they can best describe how it feels like to newcomers.

Besides, NAM 31 has something that no past version ever had before: Comprehensive user's manuals. It'll have everything and more: Tutorials, how-to's, and overviews on how the little things in the NAM work.

Share this comment

Well, I was trying to be constructive. Referring to an unpublised manual is a cop-out. Ad hoc "demonstrations" need to be a little better than this one. For one, you get the grunt cup.

Share this comment

This looks like it will be easier to use but still glad I have persevered through 30 to learn most of the workings it has to offer. Makes me appreciate the upcoming improvements! Thanks.

Share this comment

Maarten, you and the others on the NAM team do exceptionally fine work, but it doesn't show on demos like that. Please in future try relaxing and thinking it through. Just write yourself a little script.

Share this comment