• pcwhiz24
    pcwhiz24

Sims 4 Announced For 2014

"Today we are revealing to our top fans the fact that The Sims™ 4 is coming to PC and Mac in 2014.

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

More information will be revealed later today here on The Beat, so stay tuned."

Share your excitement for the game on Twitter with the hashtag #TheSims4.

Sims Website:

http://thesims.com/en_US/home

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

You know it'll be online only. How else can they have Facebook and Twitter intertwined into it? You know they'll try. Whether you start your own little Sim neighborhood or move into someone else's it'll all be on some remote cloud server that you can't save or roll back.

Share this comment

They've confirmed (for now) that there will be an offline mode. They already have components of online play in The Sims 3 (store in-game, link to your "SimPage") -but hopefully the offline mode does come true.

Share this comment

with SimCity in the state that it's in they're plastering this announcement on the splash page for www.simcity.com

really disgusting if you ask me.

It's just another slap in the face.

Share this comment

You know it'll be online only. How else can they have Facebook and Twitter intertwined into it? You know they'll try. Whether you start your own little Sim neighborhood or move into someone else's it'll all be on some remote cloud server that you can't save or roll back.

Nope.

http://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-4-in-development-for-pc-and-mac

The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience.

This is just a slap in the face.  I can think of no other way of putting it.

Share this comment

Need way more Japanese-oriented building and design options or I won't even be interested. 

Also 2014 sounds far too soon for a game with so much detail. It's going to be rushed.

Share this comment

TS2 introduced aging and desires, TS3 made the world open. TS4 should make the game gridless and enable designating an area surrounded by walls as being outdoors

Share this comment

I am too poor to buy this and its unending list of expansion packs and DLC. You can easily compress 4 potential expansion packs into just 1 CD instead of spending a fortune to buy them all. 

Share this comment

Need way more Japanese-oriented building and design options or I won't even be interested. 

Also 2014 sounds far too soon for a game with so much detail. It's going to be rushed.

True, however development of the next game in the sims franchise usually starts once the previous installment was released. The Sims 2 entered production one The Sims (original) was released. So that's 4 years. But, you never know. I am hoping for the best, but this is EA...

Share this comment

EA is proud of the Sims4 OFFLINE mode as you read in the FAQ section http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page

Q: Will there be an online component for The Sims 4? 

A:There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It’s up to the player to choose how they want to play. 

Q: Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection? 

A: You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.

SO WHY NOT FOR SIMCITY??

Share this comment

same thing only different >.>

TS1 and TS2 is all i need

^ So EAxis can learn lessons after all....

Share this comment

same thing only different >.>

TS1 and TS2 is all i need

^ So EAxis can learn lessons after all....

Wow! Just a few months ago, "always - online" games were considered to be the "future" of Maxis/EA games. :lol:

Share this comment

Sims 3 came out a few years ago, I was disapointed seing the countless bugs and map design (well, pathfinding if you prefer) issues and the graphics dumbed down since TS2. Well, that part was forgivable for me...

But I was even more disapointed when noticing that 1) The game only provide a 32 bits .exe (so, a heavyly mod-intensive game which would have use for tons of rams and potentially loaded data is limited to 2 gigs of usable ram ingame, that's a shame !), and that the game wasn't coded in a "Threaded" approach, (so, with the game single threaded, your CPU only uses 1 core/thread, so 25% of my cpu power in my case). This leads in some weirds situations where the game freeze temporarly (I refer to pathfinding issues) where that bug would have not be noticeable with threaded code.

I had the same disapointments (I mean the technical ones... 32 bits + not threaded) 2 months ago when Simcity is released, I expect to have the same disapointment with TS4 release. Don't expect me to buy it this time EA.  I won't let you fool me anymore.

I won't buy any of your game until you stop coding them in prehistorical ways or lazyly recycling your old game engine without putting their technical low level approach up to date. If you don't know how to compile 64 bits exes or to code a threaded engine, hire me, i'll show you how easy to do it is and how ridiculous it is to not do it nowadays :P Your games engine should have integrated those 2 features for at the very least 5 years now. Stop living in the past. You can't milk your custommers the way you like without keeping up to date. Your custommers now have too much other griefs against you to be as forgivable about that than they were until now.

Share this comment