• rybolton
    rybolton

SimCity Update 2 from Lucy Bradshaw

I’ll keep this short since almost everyone who cares is busy building cities and making friends in SimCity.

Maxis continues to make huge progress in addressing the lag and

server-capacity issues we experienced at launch. We’ve improved our server response time by 40x, we’ve doubled the number of players in the game at the same time and reduced server down times.

The situation is good, but not good enough. And since my boss is one of the negatively affected (!) - we’re still driving hard to get everyone online, playing together, and no hitches.

Tens of thousands of new players are logging in every day. For that support – that commitment from our fans -- we are deeply grateful. More than anything, we know that information is important to our players. Our Twitter chat today made that especially clear, and I want to say thank you sharing your ideas, your issues and for being, well, nicer than I thought you would be, given everything you’ve been through. Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

doesn't fix the underlying problem...that people who have no interest in multiplayer must also connect to servers to play.  That's what they need to get busy fixing.  Until they announce that is what they are doing I, and many others, will not consider buying this game.

Share this comment

It's a good game. Just has a lot of holes which makes it far from a master-piece. I think Maxis could do good on itself (Without EA).

Share this comment

I’ll keep this short since almost everyone who cares is busy building cities and making friends

That's true, I am playing Sim City 4 at this time!

Share this comment

I’ll keep this short since almost everyone who cares is busy building cities and making friends

That's true, I am playing Sim City 4 at this time!

Exactly!

Share this comment