• The Avatar
    The Avatar

SimCity is Back

The day is here! A new SimCity has been released, after 10 years of waiting. Maxis Senior Producer Kip Katsarelis talks about his SimCity experience and the new addition to one of the greatest game series ever. "Enjoy, Mayors – SimCity is back!"

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Just a pity people can't actually play it yet because of always online DRM. "In the grim darkness of the future, there is only DRM"

Share this comment

Mayors? I've never seen a mayor building processor factories or oil wells. It should be done by the 'industry' you allow on the zones. This is just Town Tycoon. Not a city simulator.

Share this comment

So what i'm getting from al the postst is that the server are still having problems? SO why did we get the beta 2 times now? thats right! Marketing! Because it didnt help much it seems. The predicted repeat fiasco of Diablo 3 seems to repeat itself, as will the "meh i wont buy it in the long rung after the problems have been fixed"part for me aswell

Share this comment

And so it begins... If anyone's interested its not actually released yet in UK until the 8th lol. I'm among those that probably won't buy this due to small city size/always online requirements, I have recently bought a new internet dongle that's faster with 15gb internet but I doubt its enough for this game. Also DRM is a problem for me plus potential server unreliability issues.

Will be interesting to see how well it does and peoples thoughts in the forums though, if there is a demo version I may give it a try as curiosity is getting to me lol.

Share this comment

Why did they lie about cities sizes? Glassbox can't handle it now they say it must run on your dads computer. It will not run on my laptop which would more then likely be a machine my dad would have.

I don't care really why the cities are small just think it dumb to say Glassbox issue then change it to it must run on your dad's computer.

All they had to say look he can;t make larger cities at this time cause we want the folks with min PC requirement to have fun also. No one would have thought twice.

I hope one day to play until them SC 4 will have to do. I am not much of a gamer anyway.

Share this comment

has simtropolis become just a simple fanboy page over the years?

I didnt see any criticism in previous articles about the game (there were but always dismissed at the end) and now when the game has even worse launch than diablo 3 (ex. no preload kkthx) all that is written is "simcity finally here" and nothing about server problems haha

to whoever wrote the news - youre helluva disgusting fanboy, shame on you

Share this comment

has simtropolis become just a simple fanboy page over the years?

I didnt see any criticism in previous articles about the game (there were but always dismissed at the end) and now when the game has even worse launch than diablo 3 (ex. no preload kkthx) all that is written is "simcity finally here" and nothing about server problems haha

to whoever wrote the news - youre helluva disgusting fanboy, shame on you

It shouldn't really be news to you, most people here started off optimistic but slowly lost hope as more and more details came to light. We were really hoping for a sequel or at least a worthy reboot.

Share this comment

No, it is Sims City. 

And they are having launch difficulties which seems to be an EA trait for those of you who remember why there are published patches for SC4

Seems they've failed to find a saw-off between the LOD required for the Sims and a city simulation.  This is not as easy as it sounds.

I guess they'll keep sucking revenue from SC4.  Something has to pay for this fiasco.  Maybe they need a good boardroom shakeup.

Share this comment

Nothing comes close to Sim City 4. The REAL Sim City.

the new one pretends to be a simcity game but it's just a mutation of Farmville. 

Share this comment