• Gilberto Rodrigues
    Gilberto Rodrigues

SimCity BuildIt was the game most played in the history of the series, says EA Mobile

09124640231460-t1200x480.jpg.efed596ce4e8c4771aacde5fa7ccddd7.jpg

SimCity BuildIt, the popular simulator version for mobiles, has become the most played title in the franchise's 26-year history. The information is from EA Mobile itself. Launched in December last year, the game has nearly 40 million users. According to the publisher, gamers spend about 40 minutes a day with the game in five or six games.
    "I think SimCity BuildIt has broken out for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the game was made by a deeply experienced team with an incredible creative and technical force, "comments Jason Willing, vice president of EA Mobile, as reported in Venture Beat.
    The trump of the title lies in its way of working with mobile platforms. Still as Willing explains, controls and elements that cherish efficiency in finger-handling, relatively short games and, of course, franchise marks such as natural disasters and service simulation were some of the things that won over players.

User Feedback

Yeah, I just found it, although it's a simplified version of SCx it stills looks like an enjoyable game. I'm into it!

Share this comment

Ok, I tried, and certainly is absorbing but really frustrating to play with! The management part, of having to produce things and wait, and the overall sensation that the rules are rigged to desperate you and make you pay for things with real money, they spoil the playability.

And of course, there is no moddable part, so no chances to overcome those restrictions.

But yes, with the prevalence of mobile devices and the fact that is free, is clear how Build it became the most popular iteration of the series. And mind you, it's also the closest one to the concept EA has of the game, very similar to what they introduced on SC Societies and SC2013.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, matias93 said:

make you pay for things with real money

That's the part that turned me off. I'm no party to those kind of schemes. I've already trashed the game from my phone.

3 hours ago, matias93 said:

very similar to what they introduced on SC Societies and SC2013.

Indeed! For the same reasons, I stayed away from them. Makes you wonder how far Greed can go.

Share this comment

This is very saddening, despite it being good news, arguably I find this the least quality SimCity game out there purely for it's mechanics. There used to be a SimCity 3000-esc SimCity on the app store (that was frustrating) but sadly it was taken down. Games that force you to (yes i know you can wait but most people in this genre want to sit down for a long time and just binge SimCity) to pay money for basic features are not games. Mgh, it's just very frustrating

Share this comment

3 hours ago, BugeyedDragon said:

Mgh, it's just very frustrating

To say the least! Why EA has not learned this lesson?

Share this comment