• Guibanez_
    Guibanez_

SimCity 2013 - Intro Video

Intro Video.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Assuming this is the official intro, it's not bad. However, SC4's did have a more minimalistic style, which I think was quite effective.

I don't know about anyone else, but the fast zooming camera makes me feel dizzy. It's also quite long, so hopefully we can still use:

-intro:off

Share this comment

wow...was that official? they managed to highlight almost everything (besides the required internet connection) that people have been complaining about.

Small, isolated cities separated by vast expanses of empty green space.

Share this comment

@0:10, that big city with all those skyscrapers sitting by itself in a box... wow.

Have Maxis explicitly told us why they have to have it like this, though I can understand how it could be due to multiplayer?

I've not seen a single person prefer square cities surrounded by nothingness like this, rather pretty much everywhere, people complain of two things - online only and these bubble cities. So I would imagine Maxis would be well aware of this issue and should have addressed it by now. Really, they should have known how stupid it looked when they implemented it (surely they knew that, not they're not blind!), so I'm really hoping single player regions consist of adjacent tiles, or people are able to release custom maps with no limits on tile placement etc.

I can live with the 2x2 city sizes, but cities surrounded by nothing is just a realism catastrophe.

Share this comment

wow...was that official? they managed to highlight almost everything (besides the required internet connection) that people have been complaining about.

Small, isolated cities separated by vast expanses of empty green space.

Yes, It's official. It was shown at the The Sims 3 LiveBroadcast.

Share this comment

LOL that city at the beggining, it dosnt even look like medium size SC4 city, few skyscreapers with some houses around and the zone is full, and look how bad is the nature there, all thoes wastelands betwen and even in the city, there is so much of empty grass spots.

Share this comment

Like the first poster, I've seen it now, and if I had this game, I don't want to see it again. The option to turn it off must be there.

I am still not impressed.

Share this comment

I agree - this intro loudly calls for being skipped, even louder than all the previous intros put together. And now we see the new game looks ok only in the dark.

Share this comment

I went to the official website Simcity.com and there are many pics and videos and one of the video show an interview with some guys who built the game. Well, the best things we can say about them is that they didn't hear anything from the true fans (us) and moved on their way saying our thinking is no good, and theirs are, so follow Mr. Right I know Everything, and shut up.

There no subway (no need for subway we have many public transportation... but no subway). There's no terraforming (no need for terraforming, use what we give you it's nice terrain after all,) Yeah, that bring us back to the 1st Simcity with these "choice" of 100 flat all made lands and special "landfill". Didn't simcity 2000 dealt with that trouble... totally forgotten by simcity 2013... back to...the past. The city are 2km x 2km, and there are "no man land" between cities. (no problem, the region is the citiy, will be big, with super holes between them, with somebody else playing with other town in your own town, and.. sorry, you maybe are too stupid to fill the gap between cities. We needed to help you. Common, you fan of Simcity4 just played that game for 12 years. We know better, we made it since last 2 years).

Well, Mister You know all, deal with this with your boss. I was impressed at first, I will wait you fix the bad stuff before buying your game. Cause I wont buy it without subway, with 2 x 2 cities and no terraforming. We, at Simtropolis, and other places have Modds and stuff making Simcity 4 very good. Up to you to forget THOSE who will buy the game. Dont listen to them. Dont be surprise we wont see you later cause MAXIS/EA chose someone else to build a game the PLAYER want.

. It's my opinion.

I will wait. Dont buy. I'm too deceived to see how the builders, forgot the buyers.

Share this comment

Sorry I forgot. Mr. Builder I know Everything... did you know that Maxis/EA decided to try a new SimCity game because of us... Simtroplois, SimGoober, and other Simcity fan club... because we still are here since 12 years, still strong, still many, still alive and well and productive and they thought... well they survive for so long, lets go and make another one... well listen to us, because we are the first line who will be interested to buy the game. If you think for us (like dictators) and trough away our grievances and suggestions. Well... this ain't politics... it's business. Clients pay, Clients get. Clients take of left.

Share this comment

The game looks impressive, but like a lot of people have already said here, having cities surrounded by nothing more than grasslands/plains and trees isn't a very good idea.

Share this comment

I think that what we saw was the real reason why Maxis calls their engine "Glassbox". It is not because of the the things it does, but rather because all the cities look like they are all in invisible glass boxes. Either way, the intro looks stupid and ugly.

Share this comment