• yevheniy8
    yevheniy8

Ostriv - a city-building game now on Steam Greenlight

Ostriv is a city-building game, that puts you in a role of a governor of an 18th century town to challenge your creative skills and management abilities. Dive into the story mode and decide the fate of your country, or just build your cities for fun in sandbox mode.

The game is now on Steam Greenlight

ESoyrKp.jpg

Here's the first available gameplay video:

User Feedback

I won't lie, initially, I was a little skeptical, but it seems like a more modern setting for Banished. I really did like the building mechanisms where fences/borders between buildings would merge. I'll have to keep track of this.

Share this comment

I feel this is more of an updated Banished with the micromanaging of food and resources - which is fine and dandy but not really my cup of tea for city building. Considering this trend into micromanagement in city builders, I would dare to say it's a slightly different thing than city builders. Feel free to debate into this, but honestly it's a different game-play mode from games like SC4, CXL, or CSL.

The house-bonding looks interesting, but I would need more convincing to come into the theme. I hope Ostriv's future will change my opinion, however history says otherwise... :uhm:

Share this comment

Testers wanted!

2017-07-08ss-1-700x379.jpg

While I’m making some final preparations, you can fill in this simple form to get involved in closed testing of city-building game Ostriv.

I should warn you beforehand, that this game build is far from final: it works only on Windows, contains only first 23 building types, UI is minimal, some animations are missing, loads of bugs etc. The main goal is to see the weakest spots in the main gameplay decisions and get reasonable feedback particularly on gameplay.

As long as it is a closed testing, you can not disclose screenshots and videos to the public.

As soon as I’ll get everything ready, I’ll start sending test builds. I think it will hapen in the course of next week.

If there’s too many volunteers, probably, not everyone will get involved. I’ll choose based on placement of stars and planets, so try to be more descriptive.

Share this comment